The Latest P&J

Started by Manic636, April 11, 2021, 08:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manic636

Having now setup an image host so I can post photos as my phone camera images are apparently incompatible, I thought I'd update on here, those on Facebook have seen the bike but I have replace the Suzuki with a slightly different proposition.

The BMW is something Ive liked since it was just a 1200 but the shiftcam engine (and pillion capability) has finally swung it as the best all-rounder for me.. Ninja 1000sx was very close but insurance prices have gone stupid, KTM Superduke GT kept calling as I really wanted the engine and handling but pillion was not enough of an upgrade over the Suzuki..

Jarse

Fantastic. Many happy miles. Look forward to seeing it and you in June hopefully.

Nice one. Many happy and safe miles.

Manic636

Quote from: Jarse on April 11, 2021, 09:33:00 AMFantastic. Many happy miles. Look forward to seeing it and you in June hopefully.
It's all booked so barring illness I'm there, looking forward to seeing everyone again..

Manic636

Quote from: GRUMPY on April 11, 2021, 09:35:18 AMNice one. Many happy and safe miles.
Thanks, it's guaranteed to do more miles this year than the Suzuki did the last 2 years..

little J

does look good that mate  :thumbright:
definitely more pillion friendly,so your lass will be far better on that mate

reason i got that old VFR,easier for hannah on long trips.
i'll be up on the it in June,it'll be my second trip to Scotland this year.
doing the the SWC 300 at end of may on it and some trips around dumfrieshire and the borders, so be good to get back up there.   :grin:
2021 Ninja 1000SX

DaveH

Lovely looking machine, enjoy  :cool:  :afro:  :moto:

Manic636

Quote from: little J on April 11, 2021, 10:49:36 AMdoes look good that mate  :thumbright:
definitely more pillion friendly,so your lass will be far better on that mate

reason i got that old VFR,easier for hannah on long trips.
i'll be up on the it in June,it'll be my second trip to Scotland this year.
doing the the SWC 300 at end of may on it and some trips around dumfrieshire and the borders, so be good to get back up there.   :grin:

Ive got a few days off at the beginning of May so will be getting Julie to go on the back then, bought a rack and a top box specifically for her comfort and to help her relax, hoping to get her out on it this year on my days off so we can do trips to the coast.. For me its so much easier to ride with her on it, the bike doesn't really react much differently unlike the GSXS and the engine has more torque than a torquey thing on a very torquey day so ideal for my weight lol

Will be good to see you and meet Hannah, enjoy the May run and see you in June

Foo

Looks lovely Manic.

You still got the street fighter?

Manic636

Quote from: Foo on April 11, 2021, 02:22:35 PMLooks lovely Manic.

You still got the street fighter?
Yes but not run in a while so needs some TLC to get back up and running, considering letting it go as a project to someone at the moment

Alzo

Good choice...the KTM engine is best left to the more talented rider. ;)
I'm sure you'll have a ball...much like the GS they seem to perform the same solo or loaded to the hilt.

Manic636

Quote from: Alzo on April 11, 2021, 06:33:31 PMGood choice...the KTM engine is best left to the more talented rider. ;)
I'm sure you'll have a ball...much like the GS they seem to perform the same solo or loaded to the hilt.

I'll leave the KTM riding to the riding Gods and their followers 😉

Torque wise I believe the boxer has the beating of your beast but then I'll just be bimbling away at the back lol

Alzo

Quote from: Manic636 on April 11, 2021, 10:03:04 PM
Quote from: Alzo on April 11, 2021, 06:33:31 PMGood choice...the KTM engine is best left to the more talented rider. ;)

I'll leave the KTM riding to the riding Gods and their followers 😉

Torque wise I believe the boxer has the beating of your beast but then I'll just be bimbling away at the back lol
143nm to my 140nm in the Top Trump game...😊😉...the new 1250 boxer definetly has a load more Mid range punch than the previous 1200...right where you need it on the road.
I'm hankering after an R9T with the old oil cooler boxer engine...109 bhp but great torque...as a second bike...but we'll see.