new lid day

Started by komp, March 25, 2021, 02:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komp

i was long overdue a new lid.

was still using my old guinters rep i bought when i had the blade
and my dovi rep from when i got the ducati
so were around 10 and 5 years old respectively

decided to go back to shoei as had good memories from my very first helmet. cant beleive how much lighter it is than my old shark
went for something a bit retro, with matt black to go with the RS

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Jarse

Shoei NXR, my favourite helmet. Nice one.

Arai and Shoei for me are the pinnacle of quality.

Enjoy 😎

As Jarse says, Arai or Shoei for quality. Matte black looks great when new, but I found it soon looks tired. Enjoy your new lid anyway.

Jarse

That said, my matt Shakey Byrne stood up very well to many miles.

komp

Quote from: GRUMPY on March 25, 2021, 05:18:52 PMAs Jarse says, Arai or Shoei for quality. Matte black looks great when new, but I found it soon looks tired. Enjoy your new lid anyway.

i did read a few reviews that mention the matt finish can be an issue
but not too concerned, i don't mind my gear looking a bit used and worn
kinda suits me to be honest  ;)

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Quote from: Jarse on March 25, 2021, 05:36:09 PMThat said, my matt Shakey Byrne stood up very well to many miles.

Maybe i'm a hashy bastard. :dontknow:  :rofl:

Alzo

Nice lid...I'm looking at an HJC so I can leave the Arai in the cupboard...it's the only place that the paint stays on.😉

Manic636

Great lids and love that scheme

Jarse

Quote from: GRUMPY on March 25, 2021, 06:14:28 PM
Quote from: Jarse on March 25, 2021, 05:36:09 PMThat said, my matt Shakey Byrne stood up very well to many miles.

Maybe i'm a hashy bastard. :dontknow:  :rofl:

😂😂

Jarse

Quote from: Alzo on March 25, 2021, 06:33:16 PMNice lid...I'm looking at an HJC so I can leave the Arai in the cupboard...it's the only place that the paint stays on.😉

HJC are getting there abouts. Great graphics especially.

I'd have thought after your Arai purchase you wouldn't have gone back.

Alzo

Quote from: Jarse on March 25, 2021, 08:36:30 PM
Quote from: Alzo on March 25, 2021, 06:33:16 PMNice lid...I'm looking at an HJC so I can leave the Arai in the cupboard...it's the only place that the paint stays on.😉

HJC are getting there abouts. Great graphics especially.

I'd have thought after your Arai purchase you wouldn't have gone back.
It fits well...but I'm not all that keen on the visor operation...but genuinely the most disappointing part is that after every ride there's more and more paint pitted...seems exceptionally weak...if I were group riding or even dual riding I could blame the leading rider...but my recent Latte hunting has all been solo...🤷‍♂️...it ain't cheap and I expected better.

Jarse

Wow, that's disappointing to say the least.

I found the visor in my latest Arai awkward at first but have the knack now.

Alzo

Quote from: Jarse on March 26, 2021, 09:46:04 AMWow, that's disappointing to say the least.

I found the visor in my latest Arai awkward at first but have the knack now.
Yeah I have found the knack...but I just naturally want to flip the visor at the centre...definitely benefits from regular oiling

komp

any of you shoei owners know what the little bottle of silcon oil is meant to be used on?
couldn't find any mention of it in the plethora of instruction booklets that came with it
thought maybe the visor mechanism, but didnt want to start covering things with oil that i shouldnt!!
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Jarse

You can use it on the visor mechanism but I've found they don't really need it and I've had two NXR's, two XR1100's and an old Rainey relic.