Second bike

Started by Alzo, April 14, 2021, 07:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Due to the fact I'm keeping my Superduke R forever I'm considering a second bike to ease the use on the Beast.
Initial thoughts are a BMW R9T.
Feel free to put forward suggestions.

DaveH

Had a shot of the classic sport one on the Dalmally road and it was an absolute hoot! Digital throttle and brakes, but engine braking was great and meant no real need to use the breaks.

Was giggling like a kid for the whole ride, not sure I could live with it everyday, but maybe the more upright one wouldn't ne as extreme

Alzo

Quote from: DaveH on April 14, 2021, 08:55:13 PMHad a shot of the classic sport one on the Dalmally road and it was an absolute hoot! Digital throttle and brakes, but engine braking was great and meant no real need to use the breaks.

Was giggling like a kid for the whole ride, not sure I could live with it everyday, but maybe the more upright one wouldn't ne as extreme
Yeah They were even more harsh than most modern Sportsbikes by all accounts.
I'd be having the Standard upright one for my old bones. 😊

ash

Quote from: Alzo on April 14, 2021, 07:47:49 PMDue to the fact I'm keeping my Superduke R for a few months more, I'm considering a second bike to ease the use on the Beast.

Nike.
Or a Z900RS. 

Jarse

I think your mind is already made up.

Speed Twin as an alternative but like I say, you've mentioned the R Nine T so much I think you know your answer.

Alzo

Alzo

Quote from: GRUMPY on April 14, 2021, 10:39:49 PM
Quote from: Alzo on April 14, 2021, 07:47:49 PMDue to the fact I'm keeping my Superduke R for a few months more, I'm considering a second bike to ease the use on the Beast.

Nike.
Or a Z900RS. 
The Z900RS is stunning...but it's more you. 😉

Alzo

Quote from: Jarse on April 14, 2021, 11:11:27 PMI think your mind is already made up.

Speed Twin as an alternative but like I say, you've mentioned the R Nine T so much I think you know your answer.
Speed Twin is a beautiful looking thing...and very similiar.
I'm not getting why the R9T is floating my boat so much...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Lord Danoir the first

I'd get something that will at least hold value that you'll enjoy owning and perhaps tinkering with.

Currently got my beady eyes on the look out for a clean one of these:

Lord Danoir the first

and a nice 7R...... plus you can always keep your eyes open for trick bits that come along on e-bay just to keep it interesting.

Alzo

Food for thought your Lordship

Manic636

Quote from: Alzo on April 15, 2021, 07:01:42 AM
Quote from: Jarse on April 14, 2021, 11:11:27 PMI think your mind is already made up.

In a word Character... engine is a peach and something about them just works. I could see you on a Triumph Bobber tho 😉

David W

I'd want something completely different in a 2nd bike otherwise I reckon one of them will just end up never used.
My 2nd bike daydream is either an Africa Twin or an Indian Chief Dark Horse.

Alzo

Quote from: Manic636 on April 15, 2021, 07:01:23 PM
Quote from: Alzo on April 15, 2021, 07:01:42 AM

In a word Character... engine is a peach and something about them just works. I could see you on a Triumph Bobber tho 😉
😂😂😂