Gratuitous photo-whoring to cheer myself up

Started by tucola, June 27, 2016, 11:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucola

Felt a bit like fiddling while Rome burns given Friday's news, but bikes are still fun: first time with the Panigale on track at Donington GP on Saturday.

komp

very nice, bet it was immense
ive thought about taking mine out, but just not felt the urge to do any trackdays
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

tucola

This was a road bikes-only day with No Limits, which is more where I'm at with it these days.

First track day in at least a couple of years for me.

Maddog

Stunning pic mate. How was the day overall?

tucola

Cheers dude!

Overall, mixed.

Two dry sessions in the morning, which were great fun and then the heavens opened with utterly torrential rain for about an hour.

Circuit was closed for safety reasons and they called an early lunch at 11:45.

Allowed back out in the wet at about 1:30, with intermittent rain.

I did one wet session after lunch, but was slipping about a lot on Diablo Rosso Corsas and not really enjoying it for fear of chucking my transport home down the road, and it was continuing to rain, so called it a day.

Was still worth doing though, as my first trackday for a couple of years and the first on the 899.

Jarse

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Dom1

No apexes were harmed in the making of this photo either I see.

Keep up the good work, I have been a keen apex preservationist for years.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

tucola

Git.

Just coming in with the old laser-like focus for a late apex there innit.

tucola

Second attempt at Donington GP on the Pani - excellent sunny day this Monday gone with m6rk and another erstwhile MCNNinja stalwart revetts.

Something resembling an apex at least within the same shot on this one for you, Dom

And eyebrows modestly hidden this time behind the old dark visor to avoid frightening the children.

Dom1

Looking good tucola, you do have some nice toys.