PB ZX6R J2 Suspension guide?

Started by DaveH, May 17, 2021, 03:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveH

Does anyone have the link to the aforementioned Performance Bikes suspension setups for the 2001(ish) 6R?

Used this as a base setting for my first one and got on pretty will with it but the only think I can remember is jacking the back up by 8mm. Have played about with the settings but would be interesting to see what they had.

Dom1

Sure I have it on an old hard drive.

Will have a look tonight.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

komp

have you had a look through the old mcnninja archive?
had a quick look and are a few topics referring to J1/2 settings
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

DaveH

Quote from: komp on May 18, 2021, 10:09:03 AMhave you had a look through the old mcnninja archive?
had a quick look and are a few topics referring to J1/2 settings

Aha, brilliant, ta!! I had just been trying to sift through google results - archives here I come!!

DaveH

Found the discussions about this exact thing, but was either broken links or, maybe, a file that had been uploaded to the site but no longer available.

A bit more refining of the search and found the info on the zx6r forum, which was as follows:
Quote from: zx6r forumThere was a ZX6-R suspenion guide done in the March 2001 Performance Bikes, for a J1 model.
This should be good for all J and A1 models as they all had much the same suspension.

Stock Rear:

Preload - spring length 180mm

Rebound - ten clicks out from full in

Compression - ten clicks out from full in

Ride height - zero

Stock Front:

Preload - 14mm showing

Rebound - 7 clicks out from full in

Compression - 9 clicks out from full in

PB Settings:

Rear:

Preload - one full turn back if weighing less than 14 stone (in full gear)

Rebound - 7 clicks out from full in

Compression: 8 clicks out from full in

Ride height - +8mm (+4mm is recommended for road riding and still improves things)

Front:

Preload - 4 lines showing

Rebound - 4 clicks out from full in

Compression - 6 clicks out from full in

Dom1

Rear ride height made a big difference.

Easy adjustment on the J model but I thing the A model required a spacer.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Dom1

Apologies for the delay, found them on an old hard drive.

DaveH

coyote

Funny it is still up on my old website.
That is my old service provider from 15 years ago and they have still not taken it down.
There is a wiring diagram there too

www.johnodell.eclipse.co.uk/zx6rg-susp.htm

DaveH

Quote from: coyote on June 22, 2021, 12:53:21 PMFunny it is still up on my old website.
That is my old service provider from 15 years ago and they have still not taken it down.
There is a wiring diagram there too

www.johnodell.eclipse.co.uk/zx6rg-susp.htm
Great, ta  :afro: