ZX6rJ1 front indicators

Started by Zx6man, July 31, 2018, 08:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zx6man

Folks, anyone have any tips for getting the front indicators back on?  For the life in me I cant get the black shoulder bit to seat in the fairing

Have you got the metal backing plates off ? You need to install indicators first, then fit the backing plates.

Zx6man

The rubber has cracked and perished so everything is off, I cannot seat the indicator back into the hole to even fit the backing plates :-)

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Zx6man on July 31, 2018, 09:18:49 PM
The rubber has cracked and perished so everything is off, I cannot seat the indicator back into the hole to even fit the backing plates :-)

That will be why they won't fit right. New ones are probably the only answer.

Zx6man

Its the new ones that are a pig to fit....  now fitted but bike seems dead grrrr.  thought battery was ok and had it onan optimate all the time.  got flashing oil and neutral light..not seen that before

Carbon_ZX6R

wouldnt expect them to do that , are they led?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Zx6man

Well, decided to get a new battery, even though the old one was showing 12.6V..... burst into life running and working fine :-)   Wifes SV650s however, leaking petrol when starting from carb outlet tube?  never rains     :cry:....

Raydial

Quote from: Zx6man on August 11, 2018, 07:00:32 PM
Well, decided to get a new battery, even though the old one was showing 12.6V..... burst into life running and working fine :-)   Wifes SV650s however, leaking petrol when starting from carb outlet tube?  never rains     :cry:....
Did you get the SV working? Either remove the carb drain screw and blast a load of carb cleaner through it and see if that helps or blow through it with an air line if you have access to one.

Has it not been running for a while? Or has it had any work done to it recently? I'd check the fuel filter is okay (and present), especially if you'd taken it to Hertfordshire Superbikes...  :rolleyes: