When was the last time you rode a motorbike?

Started by 7550, October 13, 2020, 10:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Yesterday around the Borders with the Orange ASBO machine...it's what life is all about.
 :moto:  :moto:  :moto:

Dom1

Saturday - Spent a day at the Rotor Adventures having some adventure bike training with Dakar racer Stan Watt.

Dropped my new bike twice, once on each side. No real damage.

Got told "You ride that thing good" by Stan. Plenty happy with that as an assessment and certainly the most glowing reference I have ever received for my riding.

Legs hurt for about two days due to my complete lack of fitness.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Lord Danoir the first

MOzZereLLa

Still last Sept. Have a test ride tomorrow.

Comparing a triple black 1200GSA with a Tiger 900 GT (see what the engine is like).

Deposit still on a Tiger Rally Pro but no sign of it yet.

Have fun gents.
Significantly faster than you.....

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on June 01, 2021, 01:59:42 PMStill last Sept. Have a test ride tomorrow.

Comparing a triple black 1200GSA with a Tiger 900 GT (see what the engine is like).

And ?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: GRUMPY on June 03, 2021, 07:10:52 AM
Quote from: MOzZereLLa on June 01, 2021, 01:59:42 PMStill last Sept. Have a test ride tomorrow.

And ?

Test ride moved to this morning. I'll report back.

mc101

Portimao last Saturday, Sunday and Monday  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

komp

last night
went to Gt Bentley for first time this year
good turn out and some lovely machines as always
nice to catch up with my old man and my little brother and to be in a large crowd of bikers again.
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

MOzZereLLa

Today!!!! Hurrah.

Reporting back I won't be buying a GS. Horrible big heavy thing that for a 4 year old bike with 14000 miles on it was not worth the £12500 asking price. Yes it was super smooth once going but a complete wanker of a bike in traffic and I kept smacking my shin on the RH cylinder head as I came to a stop. Stupid design...

The deposit on the Rally Pro that "will be with you by 4 June sir" has been reclaimed after "it probably won't be with you until next month and even then, I can't be sure".

Lucked in big time by going back to the dealer I just missed one with due to faffing a month ago and finding he has a cancelled order bike in stock. It's now mine. Better deal than the last one too.

Days of happy.

Saturday. Took the SX to chum my mate to Shirlaws Aberdeen as he was going to pay for his new bike. We took the long scenic route, Crieff, Dunkeld, Blairgowrie,  Glenshee.  We never got to Aberdeen as my mate got a holed radiator on his ZZR1400, at Kincardine o Neil.  He came home on a AA recovery truck.

Last night. SX to the mates, to give him a hand to fit the repaired radiator. Scotrad had managed to repair the radiator. £20 compared to a new one at £700. Fitted and ran up to temperature. All good.

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: GRUMPY on June 03, 2021, 07:09:53 AM
Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on June 01, 2021, 11:26:54 AMTomorrow at Oulton with Brackstone

How was it ?

Great fun. We've got a bit of a gang together comprising a few Mcnninjas members..... and they've all bought track bikes now.

I've even persuaded Cos to come to Cartagena with me in October...... booked, packed.... ffff

komp

Quote from: GRUMPY on June 08, 2021, 07:02:58 AMLast night. SX to the mates, to give him a hand to fit the repaired radiator. Scotrad had managed to repair the radiator. £20 compared to a new one at £700. Fitted and ran up to temperature. All good.

i tend to recall this being a common thing with the zzr1400
Was first bike i installed a radiator guard on, now fit one as standard on all my bikes
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Foo