Got the R1 back

Started by Steve R1, February 05, 2014, 07:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve R1

After our little off at oulton park last October the R1 is now back and in full working order, she has had almost a complete set of fairings, clock, ecu, front and rear sub frames but she is now looking almost as new, I say almost because there is a small crack in the air box cover which I have had plastic welded. I've not replaced that because it details that she is number 1223 of the 2000 world wide 50th anniversary model R1s. It was an expensive doo and I'm not too sure my stress levels can manage another track day, but hay, it's not the end of the world, I'm just glad to gat the bike back.

Once again a really big thanks to Iain.... Without your help mate the bike would probably be still at oulton.

A very happy Steve  :azn:

Green_Ninja

Glad that you finally have it back  :azn:, I hate to think how much that day cost you in total  :shocked: did you ever reveal the truth to her indoors  ;)

As for the help mate as I said at the time you are welcome  :azn:

Dom1

Good news, track bike hire next time though.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

PJ

He's a good lad that Iain.....sometimes ;)

Glad it's all sorted matey :)

Steve R1

Quote from: Green_Ninja on February 05, 2014, 08:09:31 AM
Glad that you finally have it back  :azn:, I hate to think how much that day cost you in total  :shocked: did you ever reveal the truth to her indoors  ;)

As for the help mate as I said at the time you are welcome  :azn:

Nope

ash

Good news Steve...no fun riding in the winter anyway.
Roll on the good weather and some decent rideouts :)