Which 2 Stroke ?

Started by Thegodfather, February 01, 2014, 02:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thegodfather

Got looking on the modern classics thread and it's got me thinking.
I'm in the process of getting rid of the ZZR1400 and really want a 2 stroker

Need some advice on what to go for.

Shortlist
RGV 250
NSR 250 R
KR1-S
NS 400R Favoured one  :)

Was looking at a TZR 250 3MA Reverse cylinder
Done some searching, they seem to be very unreliable and top end parts are extremely hard to come by, so gone off this one.

I guess really which is more likely to be reliable and have parts more available. Not really interested in the future resale value.

m6rk

rgv250 with a rg500 engine ;-)

Thegodfather

Keep it standard. If I had a bit more to spend the RD 500LC would be in the list

MOzZereLLa

In order of reliability.

RGV (or Aprilia RS)
TZR
NS
NSR
KR1-S

Thinking about it my RGV was a minter and fairly underwhelming. It might just be a bike you should always dream of owning, not actually owning.
Significantly faster than you.....

martin

kr1s are more reliable than people think. I have built quite a few of them. my last one made 62bhp at the back wheel.

Raydial

I had my KR-1 for 7 years, only really riding it for a couple of months a year apart from the last year where I rode it all year round, in the worst of a Glasgow winter and it never needed to be rebuilt.

greenmeeny

I knew a guy who despatched a KR 1 for years, never had any problems or rebuilds.

Lord Danoir the first

TZR reverse cylinder without question.

Can't comment on reliability as I only raced them and spent every spare waking hour when not racing, rebuilding them.

2 strokes really are utter pieces of shit........ and don't let anyone tell you differently.

Thegodfather

Still looking,,,,,,,,It's more of an investment as well. Just waiting to see what I can get for the ZZR.