Ive Bought another ZXR.....Update page 4

Started by Bullet, July 15, 2013, 04:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullet

July 15, 2013, 04:43:54 PM Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:08:26 PM by Bullet
Ive not been here for ages! but thought as I've just re-regitered i should post something......

so here it is, I've just bought this off my friend for £300



needs some love and attention, but was too cheap to refuse, so this is to be a 'fix it cheap and ride it' project (as soon as i collect it that is!) things I know it needs are:
carbs stripping and cleaning
fuel tank draining and fresh fuel
fork seals
headstock bearings
rocker arm bearings
cush drive
MOT!

Things it could benefit from:
A wash!
new spark plugs
valve shims checking
fuel tank respray (stored upside down, fuel leaked and blistered off paint)

Green_Ninja


greenmeeny


Bullet

Well I always mocked him for it looking pink in bright sunlight, so I cant really claim any different now I suppose!

Nib

J2 same as mine, lovely looking bike and a steal at that price. We talked many moons ago when I first bought mine, I asked you bout the zx10r shock conversion.

Bullet

Quote from: Nib on July 19, 2013, 06:57:45 PM
J2 same as mine, lovely looking bike and a steal at that price. We talked many moons ago when I first bought mine, I asked you bout the zx10r shock conversion.

Exactly what I thought couldn't say no at that price, its a bit of a state at the moment and needs alot of love but they're great bikes I think (might be biased Ive had 5 now!) YepI remember talking about the 10r shock did you fit one in the end? This one already has one in it too as I fitted it for him about 5 years ago :)

Stuno1

[/

Nib

Yes mate, I found a 50 mile young zx10 shock for £40. Fitted it and then rode to Valencia and back in a week, no complaints and a much nicer ride.
I bought my zxr again this year after letting her go 4 years ago. Took alot of searching but I'll never let her go again.

zxrob

Dont you just love the old zxr's

Here's my K1, bought as a project, rather tatty and in need of some tlc, stripped her down to the bones, rebuilt as a trackbike, ohlins rear shock, re-chromed forks, 4-2-1 full akra, gsxr calipers and a whole lot of time and effort, repainted it myself



Rob

Green_Ninja

Quote from: zxrob on August 01, 2013, 10:32:09 AM
Dont you just love the old zxr's

Here's my K1, bought as a project, rather tatty and in need of some tlc, stripped her down to the bones, rebuilt as a trackbike, ohlins rear shock, re-chromed forks, 4-2-1 full akra, gsxr calipers and a whole lot of time and effort, repainted it myself



Rob

Lovely  :azn:

Bullet

August 01, 2013, 12:27:41 PM #10 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:29:55 PM by Bullet
Quote from: zxrob on August 01, 2013, 10:32:09 AM
Dont you just love the old zxr's

Here's my K1, bought as a project, rather tatty and in need of some tlc, stripped her down to the bones, rebuilt as a trackbike, ohlins rear shock, re-chromed forks, 4-2-1 full akra, gsxr calipers and a whole lot of time and effort, repainted it myself

Rob

that is rather tasty  :cool: always loved the kawasaki france colours on these.  I rebuilt a K model once too (build thread here for anyone whos interested http://archive.mcnninjas.com/index.php?topic=26980.0 ) wish i never sold it now, mine didnt look as nice as that one though! Those extra 20 - 25 bhp make a big differance over the J dont they :)

zxrob

Quote from: Bullet on August 01, 2013, 12:27:41 PM
that is rather tasty  :cool: always loved the kawasaki france colours on these.  I rebuilt a K model once too (build thread here for anyone whos interested http://archive.mcnninjas.com/index.php?topic=26980.0 ) wish i never sold it now, mine didnt look as nice as that one though! Those extra 20 - 25 bhp make a big differance over the J dont they :)

Yeh, always liked the kwak france scheme

Mine is dynoed at 114 at the rear wheel and is so much fun to ride, engine is standard, yeh you can add a lot of factory/kit stuff to them but I just like it as is is with big heavy flatslides snorting at you :)

Rob

Gilby104

What's that bar going to the back wheel? (not the swing arm!)

greenmeeny

Stops the rear brake going round and round when used. ;)

Nib

Any more pics of your zxr Rob? Looks beautiful.