Born Again in Cornwall

Started by stinkyfive, October 01, 2014, 05:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkyfive

Hello MCNninjas, I've just rejoined the site after many many many years away, and I've rejoined as a born again biker,  :undecided:, there I've said it.  I've had a green J1 from new, but 9 years ago I sorned it, (baby forces sorn!!).  I was determined not to sell it, because I knew that if I did, it'd be a lot harder to get another bike, so 2 children later, and after being buried under bin bags full of shredded paper, and wedged between a garage door and a series 1 land rover, in my dads garage for 9 years, I felt the time was right to get it back on the road, that and the fact I'd had a stoooopid busy/ sh*t month at work, which meant a big pay cheque, whivh I didn't want to waste on expensive but necessary crap that normally needs spending on when you have a good paycheck, (damn you diesel particulate filter!!!!).  I took it down to a local bike mechanic, in a rather sorry state, (I did manage to get rid of the mouse in the battery box though), and asked him to get it back to fighting fit.  Nothing major has been done, the flaky wheels were powdered coated, the Devil Magnum can had 6 inches cut out of it, some shiny Harris folding levers have been fitted, braided hoses and the horrible 80's pink neon Ninja stickers have been removed.  I love it, before I sorned I was always a bit "meh" about it, but now I always take a look over my shoulder.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Jan

Dom1

Welcome back, I made the mistake of writing my bike off and handing the missus the insurance check to dig us out of a financial hole.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

ash

Welcome back Jan. If the brakes feel a bit wooden, they will need to be stripped. 9 years was about the time I was off big bikes when I had my kids (kept a 250 though for commuting)

Green_Ninja

DaveH

stinkyfive

Thanks for the welcome, can I ask a proper newbie question, how do I attach an image?

Jan

Jimhas7

Quote from: stinkyfive on October 01, 2014, 09:59:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome, can I ask a proper newbie question, how do I attach an image?

Jan

Use a photo share web site like flickr or photobucket, upload photos to said web site, grab image code and copy paste into the post

Jobs a good un  :moto:

Ninjagirl

stinkyfive

ash

Jarse