new bike day .. let the mods begin..

Started by Farmer Giles, July 05, 2016, 08:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Giles

Well I've gone and done it after all the chat about 'super nakeds' in the other thread..

pushed the buy it now button on this..

Excuse the crap pics. Some better ones will be posted soon after I've taken delivery of it..

TBH it was not my first choice of colour but the waiting time for any colours was about 4 months and they this one unsold in the show room.. 

Rode the demo again today just to make my mind up and what a machine it is..

Hopefully getting it this weekend and then they will fit my Akro end can at the 600 mile service in a couple of weeks.. 

It's a bit of a marmite bike in terms of looks but I actually quite like it and you can't see it once you on the move..

There are a few things I have in mind such as a rad guard and a tail tidy but those things will get done as and when. Next couple of days will be spent returning my FZ8 to it's standard form before selling off all the stuff and that will pay for some goodies.. 

Can't friggin' wait now..  and insurance is a pretty reasonable £250 fuly comp..  bonus.. 

Alzo

Congratulations. Have many happy (fast) safe miles onboard.  ;) :moto:

tucola

Green_Ninja

Manic636

Dom1

Happy New Bike Day!

How does it compare with the Fazer?
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

komp

marmite is one way of putting it ;)

enjoy mate
new bike day is always a special occasion   :moto:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Happy new bike day. What is it?

Alzo

MOzZereLLa

Very nice. The blue would be my colour choice.

I wouldn't bother with the Akra, I'd go with a decat and can instead and a Seton remap  :evil:

Has it got the QS or is it an upgrade that a dealer can fit?
Significantly faster than you.....

Gilby104

Jarse

636steve

Nice bike.

Whats with the reflector on the front mudguard? Thought only the American models had those?

Farmer Giles

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on July 06, 2016, 10:41:47 AM
Very nice. The blue would be my colour choice.

I wouldn't bother with the Akra, I'd go with a decat and can instead and a Seton remap  :evil:

Has it got the QS or is it an upgrade that a dealer can fit?

They cut me a bit of a deal on the akra and TBH out of all the aftermarket cans I've seen it's the best looking by quite a margin.. and I know what it sounds like as the demo had one fitted..

Decat and re-map are future options. There are some cosmetic things I want to take care of first..

QS is a £200 option but I've never had one or felt the need as I'm quite used to clutchless changing so it's a nice to have.  A rad guard is higher up on the to do list. Oil cooler has one as standard but not the radiator for some reason.. 

Quote from: 636steve on July 06, 2016, 02:11:54 PM
Nice bike.

Whats with the reflector on the front mudguard? Thought only the American models had those?

yeah my thoughts as well.   but they will be the first things to go as they are only held on with a single bolt..  Then it's tail tidy and a couple of other bits just to clean it up abit..

roll on weekend..  hope the weathers nice or else it will be traction control set to the max and just wobble it home.. 

Farmer Giles

Quote from: Dom1 on July 06, 2016, 09:01:23 AM
Happy New Bike Day!

How does it compare with the Fazer?

TBH it feels very similar to the FZ8 just 25% extra..   everywhere..  The suspension is the biggest weakness with the FZ8 even with the upgrades that I made and riding the MT10 just highlights that weakness even more..  and obviously the MT10 is a rocket ship in comparison as you'd expect with an extra 40 bhp and 20 or 30 ft/lbs on top.

just cant wait to settle in with it, get it set up for me and make it mine with a few 'tweaks'