new bike day .. let the mods begin..

Started by Farmer Giles, July 05, 2016, 08:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Ninja

Saw one of those in the Grey at  Matlock today, still not convinced about the styling but the rider got off with a big smile on his face.

Enjoy your new toy.  :afro:

Still not sure of the looks, but all the new naked bikes are a bit marmite,IMO.
It will go though, that's for sure.  :moto: :moto:

MOzZereLLa

So did you get a QS?

You NEED one. Best £200 you'll ever spend. Clutch less is one thing. Full throttle shifting is something entirely better.
Significantly faster than you.....

Green_Ninja

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on July 06, 2016, 07:48:47 PM
So did you get a QS?

You NEED one. Best £200 you'll ever spend. Clutch less is one thing. Full throttle shifting is something entirely better.

THIS  :azn:

Farmer Giles

no QS yet but once I've sold all the goodies from my FZ8 then maybe I might find it in my heart to buy one after the first service and I get my can fitted..

Farmer Giles

Well it's started already.  only had it since Friday. 

Done 200 miles already so excuse the dirt..... 

started like this..

Ended like this..

not 100% convinced on the carbon cover on the Akra but the OE guard does not fit..

anyway,  whole bike shots...

Enjoy..  I know I am.. 

Just R&G Aero bungs to fit when they arrive.. 

Also colour coded a few sliver bolts to black and the sprayed the oil cooler guard black to match the rad guard when it arrives. Subtle little things that make it a bit different from the standard. Still not seen another on the road yet..

Bar end mirrors are also on the list but as yet have not seen a pair that fit the bill and the fitting is different to the ones I had on the FZ8 so new it is when I find some bike specific ones I like.

MOzZereLLa

Decat decat decat decat decat decat......

Fuck me it's ugly. The engine just about makes up for it.

Green_Ninja

Can looks fine with the carbon cover mate

DaveH

:thumbright: both really improve the look of the bike.

Enjoy :-)

Farmer Giles

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on July 13, 2016, 06:45:03 PM
Decat decat decat decat decat decat......

Fuck me it's ugly. The engine just about makes up for it.

yeah yeah...   

it's a beast in more ways than one..  have a ride on one if you haven't already..  you can have a spin on this one if we ever happen to meet up.

MOzZereLLa

Very kind of you to offer.

I suspect I will try one at some point as the engine is sublime. Be interesting to see what it's like de-tuned for more mid range.

Gobert

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on July 14, 2016, 12:59:26 PM
Very kind of you to offer.

I suspect I will try one at some point as the engine is sublime. Be interesting to see what it's like de-tuned for more mid range.

The curves I've seen compared to a full blown are a bit less than how I thought it would be........I expected more everywhere from the MT10 especially in the mid range.

Alzo

Not good from Yamaha....strangled

David W

If they gave it a full fat R1 motor they would probably never sell another 'flagship' R1.  Not good sense to have your bikes compete with each other.