Kawasaki AR50 restoration

Started by Phil_8, July 23, 2016, 04:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_8

Thanks for the recommendation! Ill give them a shout

I dropped the tank off at a body shop today for them to completely refurb. Also managed to blag a tyre shop to take the tyres off the rims for me for free!

The goodies from America have now been made and shipped, so should be with me in a couple of weeks

Carbon_ZX6R

You got a rough price on the tank?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Phil_8

Slightly more than I would expect, but ah well

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Phil_8 on August 03, 2016, 11:46:29 AM

Slightly more than I would expect, but ah well
What exactly does that include? Rust removal relining? Paint stripping and respray?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Phil_8

Yeah, stripping, cleaning, filling/fixing of a couple of dents, marks and scuffs.
Respray, sticker application then lacquer finish

Phil_8

The issue with the swing arm pivot bolt is now a massive ball ache.

Most places I phoned around won't even look at it, and the one place that said they'd at least look couldn't do anything about getting it out

=l

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Phil_8 on August 03, 2016, 03:24:01 PM
Yeah, stripping, cleaning, filling/fixing of a couple of dents, marks and scuffs.
Respray, sticker application then lacquer finish
WHERE IS THIS BEING DONE!!!! I could have just got my tank done but know I buy another bike I couldn't find anywhere to do it
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

Perhaps if you'd actually posted and asked if anyone knew of where to get this done instead of the way you went about it you might have found out weeks ago  :rofl:
Significantly faster than you.....

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on August 04, 2016, 07:41:15 AM
Perhaps if you'd actually posted and asked if anyone knew of where to get this done instead of the way you went about it you might have found out weeks ago  :rofl:
I would have thought someone would have had the common sense to tell me! Although I do now stand to make a profit
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 04, 2016, 08:42:27 AM
I would have thought someone would have had the common sense to tell me! Although I do now stand to make a profit

You're lecturing people on common sense? My irony meter just exploded  :shocked:

Alzo

Bad parenting...sorry...won't let you down again.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Alzo on August 04, 2016, 08:58:23 AM
Bad parenting...sorry...won't let you down again.
:cool:
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Carbon_ZX6R

On a serious note I didn't want to post it across the country so I was looking for somewhere within a 50 mile radius , found a couple but wouldn't touch it as it's not a classic and would not be able to do a satisfactory job which I found strange , but I had no idea it would be as cheap as that
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 04, 2016, 09:29:44 AM
On a serious note I didn't want to post it across the country so I was looking for somewhere within a 50 mile radius , found a couple but wouldn't touch it as it's not a classic and would not be able to do a satisfactory job which I found strange , but I had no idea it would be as cheap as that

I dropped my petrol tank when I was balancing the carbs. Put a big dent in the top of it. Quick visit to ebay and I bagged a replacement tank including delivery for £2.46. Bargain of the century.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Tiiimmmaaayyyy on August 04, 2016, 09:36:44 AM
Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 04, 2016, 09:29:44 AM

I dropped my petrol tank when I was balancing the carbs. Put a big dent in the top of it. Quick visit to ebay and I bagged a replacement tank including delivery for £2.46. Bargain of the century.
Some people have all the luck!
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods