So, I've got one of these on the way...

Started by David W, April 08, 2017, 05:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Giles

an excellent choice..  I've had mine nearly a year and I still love it..

I looked all around at the time for aftermarket end cans and IMO the official akropovic can is the best for looks even if not noise.  I know of two people that bought other manufacturer cans that were cheaper and have subsequently changed to the official option..  It's expensive mind..  if you want noise then de-cat is the real option but that involves a remap as you loose the exup valve.

Things I've done to mine are tail tidy, quick shifter and got the suspension set up properly. Other than that I've just ridden it and it's awesome..  engine modes A and B are a bit snatchy in town so I ride in STD mode all of the time and I've not been left behind yet.  ;)   I also ride in Traction mode 1 as it's open enough to be fun but still a little safety net there should I need it..  Setting the shift light is a bit fiddley but you can ask the dealer to set it to what you want after you've run it in..  I have mine set to 10k so it gives me a chance to change before the rev limit but in the daylight you've got a job to see it anyway unless your looking at the dash, which you wont be at those speeds.

enjoy and i'll be interested to hear your thoughts and what you're gonna do to it.. 

David W

I like the Arrow can, although I'm looking at a few other things first.
Evotech tail tidy and might get the oil cooler and rad guard as they look a bit vulnerable.  Paddock stand lifters (and a new stand) are a definite need and will probably be first purchase.
Billet levers, rearsets, chain adjusters and captive wheel spacers are all high up on the want list.
Might even go for a new shock (K-Tech) and get the forks resprung and valved.
I'll probably get the AIS block off kit, and maybe see what BSD can do with the stock ECU because the new Euro4 regs seem to demand everything runs too lean.
Exhausts cans are a long way down the list because with the Cat and Exup valve in the way it seems purely a cosmetic thing.  Not sure about a de-cat.  Bit concerned it will be too loud and just piss everyone off.

MOzZereLLa

A remap (even if you don't decay or change the can) sorts out the snatchiness of the higher modes. Transforms the bike.

I can't believe you ride in standard and miss it on the sharpness A mode remapped can bring yet you waste money on the aesthetics of the Akky can which does very little for the bike outside marginally better looks.

Just my 2p
Significantly faster than you.....

David W

Just to add, I still haven't got the bloody thing!

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 05, 2017, 09:12:04 AM
A remap (even if you don't decay or change the can) sorts out the snatchiness of the higher modes. Transforms the bike.

I can't believe you ride in standard and miss it on the sharpness A mode remapped can bring yet you waste money on the aesthetics of the Akky can which does very little for the bike outside marginally better looks.

Just my 2p

Moz in "lesson on money wastage" shocker

Farmer Giles

Just my 2p

gives me somewhere to go when I get bored with 150bhp..  :tongue: 

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Tiiimmmaaayyyy on May 05, 2017, 11:27:33 AM

Just my 2p

Moz in "lesson on money wastage" shocker

:tongue:

MOzZereLLa

Sorry Giles, I took the quote "I ride in standard mode all of the time" literally......

Clearly you meant something different!!!

David W

Collecting on Tuesday.
Expect snow or a hurricane....
:moto:

David W

I've forgotten how to motorbike.

Message ends.

Alzo

Arrived...bikes faster than you remember... :rofl:

MOzZereLLa

Green_Ninja

David W

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 16, 2017, 07:36:15 PM
Is it good???

Ridden a whole 25 miles from dealer but feels great so far.  Seems to want to go, but running in at 5000rpm.  Power delivery low down reminds me of my SP2 though which is the Crossplane crank alchemy at work I guess.  No point buggering about with modes and stuff until its run in but at the moment its on the sharpest one which feels fine.  Might soften it for running in if I get bored...

But too much going on on the clocks though.  Modes, temperature, gear, blah, blah.  Found myself looking at them too much, at stuff I don't need to care about while I'm actually riding.

PJ

Pics.....

Glad you are enjoying it so far!