Whats your guilty pleasure bike wise?

Started by Neio79, September 27, 2018, 09:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neio79

Just a random question.

What bike or bikes would you have that some others consider to old compared to modern machinery or ugly or just crap according to the reviews, yet you still find yourself drawn to and you'd happily have in your garage.

for me its the

ZX7R - love the looks of it even though its apparently a big heavy bike
Harley Iron 883- Just looks cool as in the candy paint, perfect for those relaxed summer evenings to the coast.

the invisible dog

Definitely agree on the ZX7R, green obviously  :cool:
Could find space for a yellow 748R too
Love to have back the CG125 I learned to ride on, like riding a pogo-stick, £15 to fill and would last all month!

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Raydial

A KR1-S. 55BHP and weighs next to nothing. And that 2-stroke smell... aaaah!  :laugh: Oh, and that powerband!  :moto:

MOzZereLLa

Nothing I would consider owning is crap / ugly / rubbish...

Everyone else is just wrong.  I guess the reason for this thread requires me to answer an Indian FTR1200.

I'd also very much like a Velocette 500 Venom with fishtail pipes - my Dad had one....
Significantly faster than you.....

Phil_8

Why do you consider the zx7r a guilty pleasure?

Sure, its old, but it was held in high regard at the time

Gilby104

For me I swore 100% off Italian vehicles after 6 months of hell and a back catalog of incidents with friends and family..... but I keep a guilty secret inside that I long for a Ducati 748.... in yellow!

I've always wanted a proper super-moto bike for the road. The guilty part is that every time I see a hooded loonatic wheelie one through Manchester town centre with no number plates it only makes me want one more!

My other two guilty pleasures that I want but wouldn't want my mates to know what I've been doing.....

a) Yamaha R125, they look the absolute nuts for a 17 year old and I bet they handle like magic, very curious!

b) any nifty 50 scooter. whenever I've had cause to ride one it's never done anything but bring a smile to my face. Like riding a BMX without the need to pedal!

Alzo

A Harley Sportster 1200 is a bike I'd like as a stable mate to the awesome S1000R.

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Raydial

Quote from: Alzo on September 27, 2018, 01:53:21 PM
A Harley Sportster 1200 is a bike I'd like as a stable mate to the awesome S1000R.
What the fuck?!  :shocked:

MOzZereLLa

And you call the FTR horrible.

You have lost it 😉
Significantly faster than you.....

Raydial

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on September 27, 2018, 03:37:45 PM

And you call the FTR horrible.

You have lost it 😉
I don't remember a time when I've ever felt in total agreement with MOz before...  :shocked:

Alzo

Boys...boys...boys...I want to be like Arnie in Terminator... :azn:

Green_Ninja

MK1 MotoGuzzi Lemans 850, I know if I ever ride one I'll be severely disappointed but I've always wanted one ever since they were launched and I saw one in Sports Motorcycles in Manchester. Second would be the original bevel drive Ducati 900SS in Black and Gold.

Gilby104

Quote from: Alzo on September 27, 2018, 03:50:37 PM
Boys...boys...boys...I want to be like Arnie in Terminator... :azn:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have you ridden one Alzo? I rode the Nightster (sp?) which I was led to believe was roughly the same thing...... and I was horrified at the handling! So much so I questioned whether it was broken!