Anybody thinking of actually buying... you know... a Ninja?

Started by Raydial, January 17, 2020, 01:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raydial

I was just reading this article and wondered who's planning to buy a 2020 ZX-6R. I was also surprised at the power they get out of a 600 now - 136bhp with ram air! :shocked: That's more than a third over what my old G1 had!

https://www.visordown.com/reviews/road-test/kawasaki-zx-6r-ninja-2020-review

Jarse

Nope, Versys 1000 would be the only bike on my Kawasaki shopping list.

Plenty powerful and pretty good value for money machines in their range though.

The new SX is designated a Ninja now. Not that I will be buying anything soon.

Raydial

Quote from: GRUMPY on January 17, 2020, 05:24:05 PMThe new SX is designated a Ninja now. Not that I will be buying anything soon.
I would love to have one of those in my 3 or 4 bike garage.   :cheesy:

komp

nope.
cant see me going back to a sports bike now... not unless i win the lottery and then i doubt would be looking at zxr6r's!

although these bikes are not aimed at our market though to be fair
the 600 sports was the bike you bought when you first got your big bike licence
from the youngsters i speak to, it still is the route most take
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Maddog

Does anyone know what year ZX10rr has the auto blipper? If its the 2017 then i am buying a Ninja.....

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Maddog on January 25, 2020, 06:36:51 PMDoes anyone know what year ZX10rr has the auto blipper? If its the 2017 then i am buying a Ninja.....

I'm not sure it does from the factory but it's not a difficult thing to get retro-fitted from MY2016 onwards.
Significantly faster than you.....

captain sensible

I'd like to say yes however with 3 kids I'm more likely to buy a Ford.
Now with 100% more sarcasm.

David W

Maddog

I need a ZX10R....or maybe an RR..... the only reason id get the RR was the autoblipper.....but if i can get a 16/17 ZX10r and retro fit the autoblipper then thats my plan as i hate the new colour schemes

Watch this space.....

DaveH

Never likely to buy a new bike, but not keen on the current styling of the zx6r; did like the Z650, but latest one has lost some of what looks it had.

Do like the ZX10R, but if I ever upgrade from me Z1000, it would be to one with SX after it, probably

Raydial

Quote from: DaveH on January 29, 2020, 12:22:27 PMnot keen on the current styling of the zx6r; did like the Z650, but latest one has lost some of what looks it had.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of their looks either. I think somehow Kawasaki are trying to incorporate some of the looks (and popularity) of the old B1 across the range with headlights that sort of slope under. But the designs are too fussy for my liking.

terry950sm

Growing old gracefully

Manic636

Might have to look at the option of the new Z1000SX if that counts, did like my 2014 model