June 14, 2021, 04:43:48 AM

BMW S1000XR - discuss

Started by MOzZereLLa, April 27, 2021, 06:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRUMPY

Quote from: Alzo on May 06, 2021, 03:21:53 AM
Quote from: MOzZereLLa on May 04, 2021, 03:30:25 PMHave a few rest rides lined up for this weekend. Used GS, 890 Adventure, Tiger GT Pro, and used 1290 Adventure

The trade in offer for my RS against a brand new KTM is excellent...
The latest Adventure S 1290 is meant to be something else...but a price tag to match.

3:21 am ? Can you no sleep ?

Alzo

Quote from: GRUMPY on May 06, 2021, 08:21:59 PM
Quote from: Alzo on May 06, 2021, 03:21:53 AM
Quote from: MOzZereLLa on May 04, 2021, 03:30:25 PMHave a few rest rides lined up for this weekend. Used GS, 890 Adventure, Tiger GT Pro, and used 1290 Adventure

The trade in offer for my RS against a brand new KTM is excellent...
The latest Adventure S 1290 is meant to be something else...but a price tag to match.

3:21 am ? Can you no sleep ?
2.21am...I put my back out and couldn't sleep...too auld for this industry

GRUMPY

Quote from: Alzo on May 07, 2021, 06:17:54 AM
Quote from: GRUMPY on May 06, 2021, 08:21:59 PM
Quote from: Alzo on May 06, 2021, 03:21:53 AM
Quote from: MOzZereLLa on May 04, 2021, 03:30:25 PMHave a few rest rides lined up for this weekend. Used GS, 890 Adventure, Tiger GT Pro, and used 1290 Adventure

The trade in offer for my RS against a brand new KTM is excellent...
The latest Adventure S 1290 is meant to be something else...but a price tag to match.

3:21 am ? Can you no sleep ?
2.21am...I put my back out and couldn't sleep...too auld for this industry

You need some Groningen cake.
Take it easy.

David W

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on May 04, 2021, 03:30:25 PMHave a few rest rides lined up for this weekend. Used GS, 890 Adventure, Tiger GT Pro, and used 1290 Adventure

The trade in offer for my RS against a brand new KTM is excellent...

Pretty exotic line-up for a dual carriageway commute there, mi amigo?

mc101

Used GS is the way forward ... rode many recent(ish) comuting bikes and if you dont mind its "questionable" styling it eally is the best bike for mile munch, decent economy, two up work, cruise control, luggage, the occasional scratch and a bike that belies its sheer size --- It'll hold its value well, big milages are no issue and buy from a dealer and get a 2 year factory warranty on used ... and get the LC cooled once post 2016
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

Alzo

Quote from: mc101 on May 07, 2021, 01:33:34 PMUsed GS is the way forward ... rode many recent(ish) comuting bikes and if you dont mind its "questionable" styling it eally is the best bike for mile munch, decent economy, two up work, cruise control, luggage, the occasional scratch and a bike that belies its sheer size --- It'll hold its value well, big milages are no issue and buy from a dealer and get a 2 year factory warranty on used ... and get the LC cooled once post 2016
2014 was the changed to LC.

MOzZereLLa

I was considering the Tiger but I'm getting nervous about the price.

It'll do weekend rides to farmyards and showjumping venues too (the only way I'll see my kids) which is why I want something with a little more "all terrain" prowess.

No, I'm not taking it green laning.
Significantly faster than you.....

LewisBeGoog

Hey Moz

So, ive had an XR for the last 18 months. I need a do everything bike that I could do 12k miles a year, trackdays and sunday blasts, a tough ask.

The bike is exceptional. I can run within a couple of seconds of my GSXR 750 track bike at Brands and after Donny trackday last year I rode it 3 hours home. Popped the screen up, heated grips on, cruise control engaged and away you go.

Negatives... Only really that it eggs you on to go faster and that it kind of average looking. Thats about it.

Watching youtube vids from Cuban Rider.

I had a test ride on a GS before this and did own a tiger but there were to agricultural for me. The XR was a lot more sporty in character which I preferred.

One thing to check for us buzzing bars. I don't get it on mine at all but some seem to find it horrific

MOzZereLLa

Decision made without a test ride.

Watch this space for the for sale thread.
Significantly faster than you.....

Andy M

Interested to know what you get. Bike prices seem to have gone nuts recently

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Andy M on May 18, 2021, 06:41:28 PMInterested to know what you get. Bike prices seem to have gone nuts recently
it's no secret on Facebook (for those that know me)!!!

Problem is I've got a deposit on a new one but just discovered a very low mileage used one (similar in age abs mileage to my RS) for sale privately I might go for.
Significantly faster than you.....

Jarse

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on May 18, 2021, 08:24:34 PM
Quote from: Andy M on May 18, 2021, 06:41:28 PMInterested to know what you get. Bike prices seem to have gone nuts recently
it's no secret on Facebook (for those that know me)!!!

Problem is I've got a deposit on a new one but just discovered a very low mileage used one (similar in age abs mileage to my RS) for sale privately I might go for.

Loaded with tasteful extras too. Looked a cracking deal.

Andy M



MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Jarse on May 18, 2021, 08:51:09 PM
Quote from: MOzZereLLa on May 18, 2021, 08:24:34 PM
Quote from: Andy M on May 18, 2021, 06:41:28 PMInterested to know what you get. Bike prices seem to have gone nuts recently
it's no secret on Facebook (for those that know me)!!!

Problem is I've got a deposit on a new one but just discovered a very low mileage used one (similar in age abs mileage to my RS) for sale privately I might go for.

Loaded with tasteful extras too. Looked a cracking deal.

Denied on this. Bank says no to loan.
Significantly faster than you.....