Main Menu

ktm bling

Started by komp, September 23, 2021, 05:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry950sm

Quote from: komp on September 24, 2021, 04:11:34 PMcheers all

Dom i have a few times considered a replacement, but there is not much else out there that has both practicality combined with the hooligan factor. its a great fun bike, i cannot recommend enough.
i actually rode it to work today

now over 20k miles on it and other than some issues with regulator rectifier cooking batteries a few years back, has given me no real problems.
i think they had some fueling issues out of the crate, but this one as had a lot of mods done on it to remove dead spots and snatchyness before i got it.

the ktm790 i was given a courtsey bike a few weeks back, felt dull and stale in comparison.
was happy to get my 12 year old bike back

have considered a superduke 1290 GT, but as this is the "winter hack", it would need to be a cheap one!

I love my 950sm. Glad to see the back of the 1290GT
Growing old gracefully

komp

Quote from: terry950sm on October 03, 2021, 04:30:57 PM

Dom i have a few times considered a replacement, but there is not much else out there that has both practicality combined with the hooligan factor. its a great fun bike, i cannot recommend enough.

now over 20k miles on it and other than some issues with regulator rectifier cooking batteries a few years back, has given me no real problems.
i think they had some fueling issues out of the crate, but this one as had a lot of mods done on it to remove dead spots and snatchyness before i got it.

the ktm790 i was given a courtsey bike a few weeks back, felt dull and stale in comparison.

have considered a superduke 1290 GT, but as this is the "winter hack", it would need to be a cheap one!

what happened with the GT terry? i thought you were loving it?
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

terry950sm

Quote from: komp on October 06, 2021, 09:10:42 AM
Quote from: terry950sm on October 03, 2021, 04:30:57 PM

what happened with the GT terry? i thought you were loving it?

I couldn't get my head round the semi active suspension
Growing old gracefully