03/04 6RR question

Started by Maddog, September 03, 2014, 09:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

Was the 03/04 6RR limited in the numbers made? I know the 6RR was homologated for racing but didnt know if they had to make x amount to qualify that?

Martin#30

I don't think there was any minimum number needed for homologation, and I don't think they sold boat loads of them by any stretch. Most people chose the extra 36cc version.

I have had two of the 2004 M1H 6RRs, one from new, one second hand Phil Seton tuned and sorted version. Shout if there is anything I might be able to answer for you.

Martin
Wiltshire based, bit of a trackday addict, ex racer with North Glos, commuting on a 1400GTR and riding round in circles on a wheelbarrow ZX10R.

Carbon_ZX6R

there was a production amount for the 6RR but I cant remember off hand what it is , pretty sure it was miles less than the 636
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

greenmeeny

Think it was 1000 for each year of the rr.

Maddog

Cheers chaps

Ive heard somewhere that 1000 was the number but wanted to double check

I had the 636B1H from new and sold it to a ninja about 5 years ago

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Maddog on September 04, 2014, 04:40:03 PM
Cheers chaps

Ive heard somewhere that 1000 was the number but wanted to double check

I had the 636B1H from new and sold it to a ninja about 5 years ago
you monster!! about the one bike I don't think I can ever sell
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Maddog

lol....what makes it worse...i sold it and brought a gixxer!

However.....on sunday i redeem myself. Im picking up a 6RR for the track  :moto:

Millhouse

Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Maddog

Quote from: Millhouse on September 04, 2014, 05:40:34 PM
cool! Feen's one?

Yes mate. I think all the spares make it a really good deal. I plan to sell my ZX10 and use the 6R on track as im just not good enough on a 1000cc  :cry:

Millhouse

That's been a very well looked after bike, it'll be a shock after the ten though!
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Maddog

Shock as in lack of power? I found that i was awesome on the straights with the zx10  :rofl:....but not the greatest around the bends....fears of highsiding, getting the bike turned in etc so im hoping the smaller bike can allow me to learn a bit more.

I looked at gsxr 750s as something in between but Feens was a good deal at the right time

Maddog

Ohhhhhhhh ive brought a bike that was owned by a mcnninja member.......apparently ive brought Foo's old bike  :afro:

ash

Maddog

As long as it wasnt over and over lol

Pickled Onion

Good bike that. Ridden it at Anglesey last year. Forgot how good the ninjas handled. Felt as big as a bus but then again im used to a t675.

Good bit of kit maddog you'll enjoy it.