got a test ride booked

Started by komp, August 09, 2019, 10:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOzZereLLa

Significantly faster than you.....

komp

well I took a mt10 out Saturday
its a very nice bike, does everything you could ask of it, i liked seating position, looks and handling of bike.. oh and cruise control, brakes were excellent and in the "A" setting power was responsive, if not a bit  twitchy.
But didn't get any sense of excitement from riding it, felt very by the numbers.
maybe it was down to fact I could barely hear it underneath me?
maybe i am too used to power delivery from a v-twin?
maybe it is fact its not a sportsbike as neio has mentioned?
i dunno

i think i need a bit more of a emotional reaction before chopping in the 899!

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

komp

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on August 11, 2019, 07:35:31 PM
Quote from: terry950sm on August 11, 2019, 04:53:33 PMhttps://youtu.be/fqbp4W-4ac0

He wants a supernaked - not a tourer

if i was replacing both bikes with just one, the GT would probably be my choice.
but i like having the 2 bikes.
the smt allows me to ride in winter and rain and use to commute etc and not worry about adding miles to it or it getting covered in muck
while i can have something pretty and shiny in the garage when the sun is out and want a more focused ride.

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

terry950sm

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on August 11, 2019, 07:35:31 PM
Quote from: terry950sm on August 11, 2019, 04:53:33 PMhttps://youtu.be/fqbp4W-4ac0

He wants a supernaked - not a tourer

The whole point of me posting the video, was to show the GT is as good as a supernaked or better. It is also a capable tourer.
Growing old gracefully

David W

I love mine but had to spend a small fortune to get it right.
New rear sets, adjustable bar risers and the big purchase was KTech shock and fork internals.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: David W on August 12, 2019, 05:36:14 PMI love mine but had to spend a small fortune to get it right.
New rear sets, adjustable bar risers and the big purchase was KTech shock and fork internals.

And I suspect your bike is much better than the SP as a result.

I was quite disappointed by the SP when I rode it.
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Sometimes you need to live with something to realise the merits. I have another S1000R because it suits me perfectly...effortless...seamless power...at the moment there isn't another bike out there any better for me.
Enjoy the search...I hope you find the right one.

komp

so busy for next few weeks doubt ill have time to do much about my search for a bit
other than hopefully get to make brum brum noises while sitting on some bikes at silverstone in a couple of weeks :)

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Alzo

Quote from: komp on August 13, 2019, 08:27:09 AMso busy for next few weeks doubt ill have time to do much about my search for a bit
other than hopefully get to make brum brum noises while sitting on some bikes at silverstone in a couple of weeks :)

I'm Silverstone bound this year again. 😁😁😁

komp

Quote from: Alzo on August 13, 2019, 08:30:57 AM
Quote from: komp on August 13, 2019, 08:27:09 AMso busy for next few weeks doubt ill have time to do much about my search for a bit

we will have to definitely catch up at some point then
you there all 3 days?
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Alzo

Quote from: komp on August 13, 2019, 08:36:47 AM
Quote from: Alzo on August 13, 2019, 08:30:57 AM

we will have to definitely catch up at some point then
you there all 3 days?

Arrive Thursday evening through to Sunday. Tucker and Chuggy too.

David W

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on August 12, 2019, 06:32:05 PM
Quote from: David W on August 12, 2019, 05:36:14 PMI love mine but had to spend a small fortune to get it right.

I think so.  I'm reaching the opinion that electronic suspension is just marketing snake oil.

Alzo

Quote from: David W on August 13, 2019, 02:30:24 PM
Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on August 12, 2019, 06:32:05 PM

I think so.  I'm reaching the opinion that electronic suspension is just marketing snake oil.
Works great on the S1000R...two choices...Road or Dynamic and they just get on with it...mates Ducati V4S has way too much choice that his mind is fried

komp

took out this yesterday for a wee spin

what an engine! i have heard good things about it, but was not quite prepared for how good it was.
they didnt have an RS to take out, just the S, so no quick shifter, but very impressed with the bike in general.
still not sure about the looks, but not sure i would care with that engine underneath me.
its a serious contender right now.
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: komp on August 29, 2019, 08:43:18 AMstill not sure about the looks, but not sure i would care with that engine underneath me.

my dear, it's ALL about the aesthetics