My daily should I get a new bike dilemma

Started by Andy M, July 12, 2013, 12:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy M

Still cant make my mind up whether to keep the 1098 or get something with smaller capacity for occasional neck wringing on track.
Was all for keeping the duke until I came across this lovely thing this morning.....

Green_Ninja

greenmeeny

My Missus better get earning..... I want one.

Andy M

Quote from: Green_Ninja on July 12, 2013, 12:45:45 PM
Wait for the 800cc version

In all honesty I think that will be far too much power for me mate! plus more £. This one has done 1,400 miles so is almost in the region of what I could stretch to if I sold the 1098

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Andy M on July 12, 2013, 12:52:21 PM
Quote from: Green_Ninja on July 12, 2013, 12:45:45 PM
Wait for the 800cc version

In all honesty I think that will be far too much power for me mate! plus more £. This one has done 1,400 miles so is almost in the region of what I could stretch to if I sold the 1098

yes but nice as they are the fuel mapping is apparently still pants but has been sorted for the 800, you can never have too much power  ;)

monkeyb0b

I'd personally keep the 1098 and treat yourself to some new tyres ;)

Andy M

Think i'm going to avoid looking at this in the dealers, I know what will happen!

Alzo

I think your minds made up...time to move on...that 675 engine will be awesome on the road...massive fun ringing its neck..a stunning looking machine...do it...do it NOW.

MOzZereLLa

Wait until they sort the fuelling - i.e. don't bother getting one.....
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: MOz on July 12, 2013, 03:11:21 PM
You sorted a KTM with similar reported flaws...I wouldn't believe everything you read.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on July 12, 2013, 03:22:38 PM
Quote from: MOz on July 12, 2013, 03:11:21 PM
You sorted a KTM with similar reported flaws...I wouldn't believe everything you read.

No, I made the KTM bearable at low speed.  With a jog on, she was sublime.  I miss her  :cry:

Alzo

Try one....if it feels shit dont buy it...go open minded...these Journo dudes are not Gods...the FZ1N was slated...I had 2 and it was nowhere near as bad as made out...trust your own judgement.

MOzZereLLa

Rode a 910 Brutale and a 1090RR Brutale and they were both shit.

Can't imagine the 675 / 800's will be any different but I have to say, they look absolutely stunning.

Alzo

Therefore you made an informed decision...I would wait until you ride the 675 and 800...assuming they will be the same is not the best way....they may well be equally shit...then again they may be less shit...or...they may be awesome... ;-)

Andy M

well think I know what I am doing this weekend....