Main Menu

R1 launch

Started by Millhouse, November 03, 2014, 09:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_8

I appreciate what they have done with the lights. Everyone always says a bike looks much better in race trim, then is ruined by all the road stuff, so they have tried to tuck the lights away so it doesn't ruin the aesthetic.

Having said that. I am not a fan. But then, I havnt really liked any sportsbike from the last few years

Maddog

My scientific review didnt go to well, however........i kind of like the track fairing look. Im not a lover of the exhaust side but id like to see it with the after market exhaust

Its weird how the Kawasaki iH2 didnt get as many reviews,opinions on this Ninja site!

Its weird that the Kawasaki H2 may not get as many reviews,opinions on this Ninja site!

Alzo

Quote from: Maddog on November 05, 2014, 09:26:42 PM

Its weird that the Kawasaki H2 may not get as many reviews,opinions on this Ninja site!
Is it released in road trim yet?

Jimhas7

Quote from: Alzo on November 05, 2014, 09:32:27 PM
Quote from: Maddog on November 05, 2014, 09:26:42 PM

Is it released in road trim yet?

Don't know how to embed YouTube, but found this interesting and amusing...

http://youtu.be/vAo0LWQFxdE

If it don't work type in Jay Leno garage.

Oh and and back on topic re: the R1... Il be sticking to Kawasaki's  :moto:

Thegodfather

Like the front end on it and that's about all tbh. Never been a Yamaha fan.

MOzZereLLa

Significantly faster than you.....

Thegodfather

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on November 06, 2014, 08:22:13 PM
Yamaha's rule.

:rofl: A Yams about the only make I can't remember you having Moz  ;)

ash

Ride it like a God until it is run in and then sell it ;)

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Thegodfather on November 06, 2014, 08:24:59 PM
Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on November 06, 2014, 08:22:13 PM
Yamaha's rule.

:rofl: A Yams about the only make I can't remember you having Moz  ;)

Only a recent convert.  Hugely impressive engine but lacking a bit of power and a bit lardy.  The new one seems to have sorted all that out.

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on November 06, 2014, 09:24:43 PM
lacking a bit of power and a bit lardy.  The new one seems to have sorted all that out.

What was the bike like though?

simon m

looks like a trackbike on the road

that alone will make it popular.

Its the look a lot of mega money special one offs have been touting for years.

I for one don't look at it whilst hanging off it laughing maniacally...........therefore looks are secondary really.

For what its worth I like it

mc101

I like it ....

200bhp

Full throttle launch control !!  Proper motogp shit that.

Slide control with the stock ECU or Programmable slide control with the YEC ECU upgrade. Proper motogp shit that too !

Anti Wheelie, Power modes, Pit Lane limiter --> been done but will undoubtely be good on the R1M.

So - R1, S1KR and RSV4 all new and for sure BHP aside the electronics are coming on a long long way.
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

Sax

Those brake calipers were first used 10 years ago on the 2004 model. You'd think they'd put something a bit more special on it considering the likely price tag and some of the competition running Brembo's as standard..?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Sax on November 08, 2014, 09:46:51 AM
Those brake calipers were first used 10 years ago on the 2004 model. You'd think they'd put something a bit more special on it considering the likely price tag and some of the competition running Brembo's as standard..?

I think you'll find they are totally different. I doubt they were monoblocs in 04.

Also, considering how may people have used the Yamaha calipers on other bikes since they were introduced theto are hardly shit.

Gobert