Ahhhhh shit…..

Started by MOzZereLLa, October 29, 2021, 05:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOzZereLLa

Missing grunt.

Really struggling to resist one of these ☹️

Reviews are awesome but it's soooooo expensive.

Man maths to the rescue again?

Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

If you can...then do it...blink and we'll all be fertiliser...it's hard once you get used to decent performance.
Get...it...bought

Nike ✔

As Alzo said, life's too short.

MOzZereLLa

OK, so I've found a flaw. Small fuel tank means I won't be able to do two days commuting per fuel stop. It's only 20 litres - the 1260 Enduro has a 30 litre tank...

Alzo

The V4 Panigale that came on our 2019 Euro trip was way more frugal than anticipated...as was the MT10SP...I'd like to think you'll get 200 miles from a 20l tank.

komp

seem to be popular at the moment ;)
 this appeared in my news feed last week
it has joined my list of bikes i want, but cannot afford  :cry:

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/bikes/multistrada/multistrada-v4-pikes-peak
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

MOzZereLLa

I can't afford one sadly.

Had a really good look but with extras I'd want it makes it expensive. The one in the advert above doesn't have radar cruise (cannot be retro-fitted) and heated grips / seat and centre stand are all extra. That pushes it well above £20k.

Looks like a 1260 Enduro for me.

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on November 01, 2021, 04:04:40 PMI can't afford one sadly.

Had a really good look but with extras I'd want it makes it expensive. The one in the advert above doesn't have radar cruise (cannot be retro-fitted) and heated grips / seat and centre stand are all extra. That pushes it well above £20k.

Looks like a 1260 Enduro for me.
Not a bad option....plenty go...look as good if not better

MOzZereLLa

The MOz roundabout continues.

1260 Enduro's service costs are stupid and all the ones I'm looking at are closing on valve / belts service which is not much change from £700-1000 at a main stealer. This bike could well do more miles due to commuting so it's a consideration I've not really bothered with before.

So I'm back to finance quotes for a V4S travel with radar. Awaiting to see if any dealer wants to do a winter deal.

I won't be having spoked wheels. It's an extra too far.

MOzZereLLa

Good deal received for a V4S......

However - £21k for a motorcycle is just fucking stupid.

A new contender has roved into view today though. Something I didn't really consider but looking at the specs it's pretty much a Ducati at £5k less and that's before negotiation.

44 Teeth rate it better than the Duke too.

Something to think about this week.

Guesses? Just to encourage others to use the forum.

Alzo

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on November 06, 2021, 05:52:38 PMKTM Adventure S?

💥 we have a winner.

Originally discounted due to not be "off-road" enough but it'll do fields etc and has a switchable radar ACC. You can't turn the Ducati's off making the KTM's a game changer.

Plus I can buy it locally. I just need them to match Ducati Preston's offer for the Tiger. £12500 was a really good offer.

Plus it's got the new Superduke engine in it.

Alzo

I hope you have a decent Dealership...otherwise stay well clear.
The 1301cc Twin engine is a peach...and the more miles it does the better...you'll be amazed from the previous generation you had...refined.

MOzZereLLa

Yeah. Colwyn Bay KTM is 5 mins away. Had at least 5 bikes off them over the years. Never had an issue.

I'll see what they have in stock next week. Birthday present to me 😎

MOzZereLLa

Adventure S test ride booked for Sat morning.

Tiger up for sale.