Ahhhhh shit…..

Started by MOzZereLLa, October 29, 2021, 05:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Did you have a test ride on the KTM...were you saying "the name is Bond....James Bond" in your helmet?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on November 13, 2021, 06:43:31 PMDid you have a test ride on the KTM...were you saying "the name is Bond....James Bond" in your helmet?

They ride Tigers in No Time to Die
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on November 13, 2021, 10:14:04 PM
Quote from: Alzo on November 13, 2021, 06:43:31 PMDid you have a test ride on the KTM...were you saying "the name is Bond....James Bond" in your helmet?
KTM test ride....good...not good?
They ride Tigers in No Time to Die

MOzZereLLa

It was good. Slightly disappointing it was pissing down so I didn't stay out long.

Really should've switched the suspension to sport and cranked up the preload as the rear was soooooo soft and the seat felt really low. When I got back they raised the seat to the highest setting and raised the rear and it felt much better sitting on it but I wasn't going back out.

Very impressed with the engine - IL4 smooth at low revs / spd - just amazing for a big twin. 30mph in third in cruise with no hunting, jerking etc. Incredible!

Active cruise was better than any car system I've ever used and the anti-dive is also really clever.

Didn't like the brakes. Just not as good as the Brembo Stylema on the Tiger and the control "+" button is far too close the the horn meaning I used it at least 4 times when I didn't want to 😂

I haven't the bought one - still waiting on the dealer to see if they accept my "offer". At the moment it's nowhere near as good as the Ducati offer.

Alzo

On Active Cruise Control on my Auto car the gears drop if required due to speed reduction...how does the KTM system cope...does it tell you to change?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on November 14, 2021, 08:59:39 AMOn Active Cruise Control on my Auto car the gears drop if required due to speed reduction...how does the KTM system cope...does it tell you to change?

Not that I discovered but it does allow you to drop down with the blipper without disengaging the system. With it set to the closest following distance I didn't get any of that annoying "braking" you always seem to get in the car even if you think you've pulled out early enough. On the bike, it starts to slow due to the car in front, you indicate, it smoothly accelerates and allows you to change lanes without braking for to the vehicle in front. It's brilliant. It's better than any car ACC I've tried and that includes Tesla.