Suspension set-up

Started by LewisBeGoog, August 28, 2015, 04:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LewisBeGoog

So The blade is running great but its set up so hard as the guy had done a few track days on it. Way to hard for the road riding I tend to do.

I could spend 100 quid getting it done by a professional but sounds like a bit of fun to do it yourself. My question is does anyone have any tips, websites worth checking out or youtube links?

Green_Ninja

Assuming the suspension is standard do a search for the standard settings, if it's not standard set every thing half way and go form there.

No1 rule - ONLY ADJUST ONE THING AT ONCE.

Jimhas7

Check out Dave Moss tuning on you tube. Set the basics on mine up myself using his tutorials, well chuffed with the outcome

At least worth a watch if. Nothing else.

Dom1

Just twiddle everything, how bad could it be.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Millhouse

Screw everything all the way in counting clicks or full turns, so yo u know where you're starting from!
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

1-600-matt

Record where all the settings are at present first. Then you can at least go back to these settings if you fuck it up.

I went to suspension school to learn how to setup my bike and properly service the forks and shock. Depends on your budget, but I think it was worth it. http://www.reactivesuspension.com/courses.php

LewisBeGoog

Ta, might do some more research and twiddle some knobs....its non standard Ohlins rear shock, no idea on the front. Hence the no idea where to start from :-/

Millhouse

Racelab.co.uk are local(ish) to you (very near to me)
If you do visit them let me know and I'll pop the kettle on!
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5