DIY interiors type - kitchen appliances

Started by Kath600, August 07, 2013, 02:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kath600

I've not been around for a while thanks to work and home being hectic and here I am being cheeky asking for lots of help and advice all of a sudden  :embarrassed: :tongue:

So the wall is down in our new home and the plans made for a kitchen diner.

We've chosen the units from B&Q but having a scout around one can get the appliances a lot cheaper online.

So far I've checked out

Ebay
Appliances online
and taps uk

We are sorted for hob, fridge freezer and washing machine.

We need to source, an upright radiator, a sink, slimline dishwasher, electric BIG under counter oven, a bi fold door for the larder ( normal sized door ) tiles ( metro brick style ) errrm I think that's it.

If any of you lovely ninjas have any bargain places for us to check out that aren't the obvious places then mucho appreciated for the info.

Lord Danoir the first

Doing the same as we speak..... just trawling the tinternet.

Regarding the Metro style tiles, are you referring to the ones with the bevel edges?...... be careful using them on external corners, they look shit as the tile is thicker to the middle, so the grout has to fill the gap...... no external corner=no problem.

Kath600

Thanks Dan, yep that's the tiles, no external corners though.

It's such a minefield! Seen a franke sink on tap outlet uk for £77 that was well over £100 in B&Q  :shocked:

636steve

When we bought our fridge freezer about 6 years ago we got it from boots appliances (yes the same as the chemist) didn't even know they did them but they were the cheapest back then though not sure what they are like now.

http://www.bootskitchenappliances.com/

Kath600

Thank you. I've heard good things about boots too. Will check it out

Lord Danoir the first

You've just got to keep your eyes peeled.

We bought a geo rok sink for our last house for £450. Found one on eBay ex demo for £100 for this house. Just bought a CDA induction hob for half price.

Kath600

I'm off now to look what a geo rok sink is  :tongue:

Had a good look at ovens last night on the Boots site and there are a few good contenders, points too!  :cool: :afro:

636steve

Quote from: Kath600 on August 08, 2013, 10:18:10 AM
I'm off now to look what a geo rok sink is  :tongue:

Had a good look at ovens last night on the Boots site and there are a few good contenders, points too!  :cool: :afro:

If I remember rightly we also did it through Quidco which got us even more off. :)