Well that was rather awesome few days in the Sun

Started by mc101, June 10, 2022, 10:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc101

Couple (4) days razing around Almeria a few days back.  30+ degrees each and every day :-)
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

Manic636

So bloody jealous lol

looks like a great way to pass the time

Lord Danoir the first

Planning to get out there next year. I quite fancy the Andalusia/Almeria back to back event, plus it's only a couple of hours from ours.

Almeria looks nice and technical, which I really like.

Jimhas7

Looking good 😎

Track looks quiet, if it was as busy as our May trip the future is looking grim.. pit lane and garages was barely half full, seems like the cost is killing it for people. Repatriation Insurance is limited and the price has gone astronomical, car hire costs have gone mental, tyres appear to be in short supply!

Better for those that are going I guess as the place is not packed any more like sardines in a can!

Hoping to make time for another trip in September if the stars Align.. want to do Jerez again...

mc101

Quote from: Jimhas7 on June 11, 2022, 02:06:40 PMLooking good 😎

Track looks quiet, if it was as busy as our May trip the future is looking grim.. pit lane and garages was barely half full, seems like the cost is killing it for people. Repatriation Insurance is limited and the price has gone astronomical, car hire costs have gone mental, tyres appear to be in short supply!

Better for those that are going I guess as the place is not packed any more like sardines in a can!

Hoping to make time for another trip in September if the stars Align.. want to do Jerez again...

Fast group was between 10-15 each day, the higher number when the local experts arrived to show us how to do it (insert sarcastic grin) ....

mc101

Quote from: mc101 on June 17, 2022, 11:20:12 AM
Quote from: Jimhas7 on June 11, 2022, 02:06:40 PMLooking good 😎

Fast group was between 10-15 each day, the higher number when the local experts arrived to show us how to do it (insert sarcastic grin) ....

The killer for me was the local fuel at £110 a day in teh R1 1

Jimhas7

Ahh yes I forgot about the huge uplift in daily fuel costs for the bikes, time to take up bowls or something less expensive perhaps  :rofl:

Thegodfather

Ive done a few uk double dates now.
Like snet and donny so a bit of travelling.
They're working out around £1,200 with everything included. Thats kipping in the van where possible.
Absolutely mental. But its all I go to work for so Im not quitting but might have to do less.

Jimhas7

That's the price of a good holiday, should go to Spain and do both 😉

mc101

Quote from: Jimhas7 on June 21, 2022, 10:53:08 PMThat's the price of a good holiday, should go to Spain and do both 😉

Hes right you know ....

Jimhas7

Quote from: mc101 on June 22, 2022, 02:55:53 PM
Quote from: Jimhas7 on June 21, 2022, 10:53:08 PMThat's the price of a good holiday, should go to Spain and do both 😉

Hes right you know ....

And you get to sleep in a hotel bed 😉

Thegodfather

I know. But euros have gone up as well. Out in portimao with FE atm. Flights nearly doubled, fuel is well over €2 ltr. Fuel can hire from fe has doybled to 10€ now  :cry: the only saving to be had is what track you choose to ride.

Lord Danoir the first

FE doing 3 days at Andalucia for £449....... I'm having that

mc101

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on June 29, 2022, 10:15:06 AMFE doing 3 days at Andalucia for £449....... I'm having that

THeres a bunch of us regulars at Almeria 1st October for 4 days ....

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: mc101 on July 01, 2022, 08:09:24 AM
Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on June 29, 2022, 10:15:06 AMFE doing 3 days at Andalucia for £449....... I'm having that

THeres a bunch of us regulars at Almeria 1st October for 4 days ....

yeah I was looking at that and pondering whether I could get away with 2 euro events in one month.

Time to dust off the old smoking jacket and cravat, and go on the charm offensive.