Sportsbikes no more.

Started by Alzo, March 26, 2018, 07:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

Prefer sports bikes. Enjoy riding them more and I've always loved the looks of faired bikes.

Raydial

Quote from: Raydial on March 27, 2018, 12:42:11 PM
I hanker after a sportsbike for the Austrian roads but if I ever get one, would keep my retro custom too. I'll wait and see what Austrian police are like regarding going quickly on a bike. If 5mph over the speed limit means hefty fines then I'll just stick to the CB750.
I've realised that part of this is that I've never owned a litre superbike and would like to do that at least once in my life.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Raydial on March 29, 2018, 06:03:19 AM
I hanker after a sportsbike for the Austrian roads but if I ever get one, would keep my retro custom too. I'll wait and see what Austrian police are like regarding going quickly on a bike. If 5mph over the speed limit means hefty fines then I'll just stick to the CB750.
I've realised that part of this is that I've never owned a litre superbike and would like to do that at least once in my life.

The only problem with that is once you've had the shove, you'll not want to be without it again...
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on March 29, 2018, 07:27:23 AM
Quote from: Raydial on March 29, 2018, 06:03:19 AM

The only problem with that is once you've had the shove, you'll not want to be without it again...
You can still have the shove...allow me to be serious for a moment and say that bikes like the XR are every bit as quick as any litre bike I have owned...infact the longer wheelbase lets you put the power down quicker. So there is life after Sportsbikes.

Phil_8

Quote from: Raydial on March 27, 2018, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: Phil_8 on March 27, 2018, 01:57:42 PM
Are you moving to Austria?
Yep. I leave here on the 7th of May and start my new job on the 21st. Just agreed salary and start date etc this afternoon. Relieved and excited now. 😄

Anyway, back to bikes.  :grin: :moto:

Awesome! Top work that man

With regards to 'what is right for job', by and large, none of are pushing anything close to the limits, even nakeds etc so I just go for what ever bike I like the look of, be it sportbike, naked, adventure etc. I am simply a poser

Raydial

Quote from: Alzo on March 29, 2018, 08:16:44 AMYou can still have the shove...allow me to be serious for a moment and say that bikes like the XR are every bit as quick as any litre bike I have owned...infact the longer wheelbase lets you put the power down quicker. So there is life after Sportsbikes.
I don't dispute that. I still want one, though.  :rolleyes:

Raydial

Quote from: Phil_8 on March 29, 2018, 08:27:15 AM
Thanks!

With regards to 'what is right for job', by and large, none of are pushing anything close to the limits, even nakeds etc so I just go for what ever bike I like the look of, be it sportbike, naked, adventure etc. I am simply a poser
You're talking to the guy who has a custom-built retro bike. I understand posing.   :afro: :rofl:

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Raydial on March 29, 2018, 08:37:50 AM
Quote from: Alzo on March 29, 2018, 08:16:44 AMYou can still have the shove...allow me to be serious for a moment and say that bikes like the XR are every bit as quick as any litre bike I have owned...infact the longer wheelbase lets you put the power down quicker. So there is life after Sportsbikes.

I meant any bike with a litre + engine. Anything smaller be it sports, naked, touring etc will be a bit meh compared.
Significantly faster than you.....

Dav1d01

Very interesting topic this.

I've always ridden sports bikes, had my 2003 R1 for the last 6 years and now considering something else.
I commute daily on my bike circa 20miles, some town, some A roads, a nice mix. I've never ridden a naked so I'm used to the "pain".

I plan to take out GSXR 750, a few sports bikes and some naked's for a test and see which is nice/easier to live with.
That said I do prefer the look of a faired bike too.

But for fun I ride my KTM 250 exc 2 Stroke - should have bought one years ago.

Alzo

Quote from: Raydial on March 29, 2018, 08:37:50 AM
Absolutely...you got have one on your biking CV.

terry950sm

Quote from: Raydial on March 27, 2018, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: Phil_8 on March 27, 2018, 01:57:42 PM
Are you moving to Austria?
Yep. I leave here on the 7th of May and start my new job on the 21st. Just agreed salary and start date etc this afternoon. Relieved and excited now. 😄

Anyway, back to bikes.  :grin: :moto:

Try a 55bhp moto. Great fun pushing them to their limits.
Growing old gracefully

terry950sm

I have not ridden a bike with more than 100bhp for the last 12years. So that 160bhp Adventure thing I have in the garage should be fun. (Yet to ride it)
Growing old gracefully

komp

after taking the panigale to work yesterday I can remember why i love sports bikes
it can make an ordinary journey so much more fun
god i love that bike and to think i was thinking about swapping it out for something else
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

tucola

Quote from: komp on April 06, 2018, 10:43:27 AM
after taking the panigale to work yesterday I can remember why i love sports bikes
it can make an ordinary journey so much more fun
god i love that bike and to think i was thinking about swapping it out for something else

Yep, the 899 Panigale is an absolutely brilliant bike.

Always felt it fitted me pretty nicely as well, so I didn't even find it particularly uncomfortable on reasonably long days ragging the hell out of it over the roads of Brittany and Normandy. Fact that it looks f'ing beautiful as well doesn't hurt. 

Adventure bike for the commute, mind.

Currently bike-less due to a move overseas and missing it.

Neio79

I do love a sports bike , I am torn between something like the BMW S1000R or the full fat RR.