Maintenance courses in North London?

Started by Raydial, August 30, 2018, 02:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raydial

Hey, hive mind, my friend Gill just passed her Mod 2 bike test yesterday and is looking for a motorcycle maintenance course to teach her the basics. Originally, the plan was that I'd help her with that stuff but now that I've buggered off overseas she wants to do a course to give her the confidence to get started. I reckon she just needs minor servicing, maintenance, safety checks to begin with.

She works full-time Monday to Friday so it would need to be evenings or weekends. We found these at Bolt London. The Oval Motorcycle Centre used to do some but it's closed down. Everything else seems to be full-time, 1 year City & Guilds type stuff. Do you peeps know of any others, preferably in North London?

Alzo

Carbon_ZX6R

in all seriousness buy her a haynes manual
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Dom1

Is there one of those garage space rental places nearby where they provide tools etc?
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Alzo

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on August 30, 2018, 07:19:42 PM
You need to know a bit about bikes before a Haynes manual helps.

Raydial

Quote from: Dom1 on August 31, 2018, 12:30:42 AM
Like this, but in London

http://thatbikeplace.com/
The Oval Motorcycle Centre was London's only one (that I know of) and it closed down through lack of use.

Raydial

She's got a Chinese 125 at the moment that she's planning to sell before winter. Then she really wants to get a Triumph Speed Twin early next year but might have to get a Bonneville and get it lowered slightly. So until I know what she has, I won't know which manual to get. But I agree with what Alzo said, she could do with some basics before getting started with a Haynes manual.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Alzo on August 31, 2018, 06:54:51 AM
You need to know a bit about bikes before a Haynes manual helps.
If I remember correctly they do like an introduction to motorcycle mechanics , I remember seeing it in Halfords a while ago
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Alzo

A classroom scenario is a better option...possibly some local colleges would do a non vocational class.