Got myself another Njnja innit

Started by Lord Danoir the first, October 29, 2022, 02:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

Borrowed M6rk's ZX10r track bike...... crashed it, bought it.

That's how I roll....... or slide

Good buying skills.  ;)
Hope you are OK. Bikes can be fixed.

Thegodfather

Good man. :thumbleft:  You don't want to borrow a gen4 BMW by any chance  :rofl:  :rofl:

Manic636

Bet you got a good deal as he couldn't say one careful owner.... :laugh:

komp

:rofl:
you crashed it on purpose didnt you
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

DaveH

:shocked:  em, happy new bike day...?

Hope you're ok :thumbright:

Andy M

I must try this - one trick I haven't tried with the mrs to justify a new bike lol

LewisBeGoog

Still think this was an extreme way to get a new bike 😂

Lord Danoir the first

still gutted about the dent in the tank...... that wasn't part of the plan at all  :rofl:

mc101

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on November 15, 2022, 08:41:23 AMstill gutted about the dent in the tank...... that wasn't part of the plan at all  :rofl:

Dan - if you need a really good painter I can recommend someone etc ...
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

Lord Danoir the first

So since my little snafu, I've been a busy little bee. I decided to repair the fairing aside from the tail unit which was too far gone, and had cut outs for the lights, which I binned as it's a track bike.

Suspension got another look over by Sunni at SW and I've just cleaned everything down, fitted a few bits like a Jetprime key delete switch and a rear brake carrier widget that stops it falling out when you're changing rears.

Had to buy a new Acky system...... I decided to dismantle the old one and try and knock out the dents..... I managed the dismantling and knocking out element, but failed miserably in the putting back together...... so I cried a bit and Anna bought me a new one.

She also bought me a new tank, but when I found out how much it cost, I decided to keep it for when I sell the bike and just fit a cover to the dented one.

Then it's just been service items, oil/filter, coolant, brake pads, and I'll renew the brake fluid with Brembo HTC.... then giving it the once over with a few rattle cans and throwing some graphics at it.

I'm quite pleased with the end result, but it's taken far more time than I'd planned......

komp

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

DaveH

Looking good, logo more visible too  :afro:  :cool: