fast-ish road tyre choices

Started by captain sensible, July 12, 2013, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain sensible

I will need to replace the tyres on the Sv soon and im looking for something that actually has grip in the corners as im not getting on with the Bridgestones.
Now I know that this is mostky personal preference but what's the general consensus fir either metzler or Dunlop?
Now with 100% more sarcasm.

636steve

Have had road 2's and road 3's on my last bikes and got on well with them.

The 2013 Zx6r came with Bridgestone S20's fitted and I have to say they seem really good. Warm up nice and quick and have plenty of grip when leant over.

MOzZereLLa

Dunlop Sportsmarts

Sublime tyres. Really good.
Significantly faster than you.....

Fastas......

Pirelli supercorsa as long as you don't mind new tyres every 1500 miles! ;)

Millhouse

1500??

My last rear barely made 400!!!!
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Alzo

Quote from: MOz on July 12, 2013, 09:51:43 PM
Dunlop Sportsmarts

Sublime tyres. Really good.
+1...they get great reviews as an all rounder.

captain sensible

I'll definitely have a look at those when the time comes. Many thanks chaps
Now with 100% more sarcasm.

Fastas......

Quote from: Millhouse on July 12, 2013, 11:12:13 PM
1500??

My last rear barely made 400!!!!

Depends what compound. I generally have SC2 rear and SC1 front for road use. 1500 was a guesstimate as I rarely buy new!

Millhouse

To be fair that was all on track...  :azn:
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Fastas......

Choowonit

I would suggest  Pirelli Rosso corsa massive dual compound side patch for those full lean moments

Agent Ant

I think my Z1000 came with those Dunlop sport smarts or whatever they're called. I'm not a fast rider by any means so i probably got more life out of them than you, but they got me around 5k miles before it was as smooth as a babies bottom... Unless i've got the model of tyre wrong of course

Stuno1

[/

iow

I use Bridgestone Battlax BT016 £149 the pair from M&P had them on my ZXR 900 and have got them on the ZXR 636 now good all round tyre wet and dry I get under 1000 miles out of them but do ride them hard .
i like the feeling you get from them they will slide in corners but they never let go so you have control all the time .
not saying they the best out there but they are the best i have used so I stuck with them

Chrispy

Dunlop Roadsmart 2's give good grip and are terrific in the wet.  Had almost 7000miles from my last rear on my zx9. Excellent for commuting and weekend ragging.