best price for some road tyres?

Started by Millhouse, December 11, 2013, 09:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millhouse

and where to get them from.

i need to get out on the road and racetecs are NOT the tyre Du Jour in the winter. so find me something cheap, that heats up quickly on frozen roads and disperses wet leaves!

Go!!
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

Millhouse

big gav

I can get a pair of Avon ultra 2's delivered in that size for £170.
Good tyres, i loved them on my 9r's

komp

personally i just get em off ebay
round and black are usually pretty good
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Millhouse

conti-motions for £145?

anyone know of anything betterer?

Martin#30

I highly recommend Michelin PR3s or Pirelli Angel GTs as road tyres, particularly in the winter. Simply astonishing wet grip, and last 9,000 miles on my big, heavy tourer. Dry grip is perfectly good too, enough for knee down.

I doubt you will get them for £150 though.

Martin.
Wiltshire based, bit of a trackday addict, ex racer with North Glos, commuting on a 1400GTR and riding round in circles on a wheelbarrow ZX10R.

Fastas......

Quote from: komp on December 11, 2013, 10:48:17 AM
personally i just get em off ebay
round and black are usually pretty good

+1 for round and black. Had some pretty good deals off them in the past

Green_Ninja

Cheap tyres in the worse road conditions is never a good idea, you need as much grip as you can get so don't skimp on them, tyres and brakes should always be top notch.

PM Big Al he knows a guy selling part worn T30's ex Haslam Race school, he got a 190 rear fro £40, they run 600's as well so you should be able to get the correct sizes for under £100 I would recon, and judging by the condition and tread left on the one he got you'll get 3k plus miles out of them.