June 14, 2021, 04:32:43 AM

Dunlop 212GP

Started by Maddog, February 23, 2014, 03:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

Dunlop 212 GP.....anyone used them? Im getting a set of scrubs for the track  :moto:

terry950sm

I have used the older version D211 for the last 4 years. Really good tyre, loads of feedback from the front end. Best tyre I have used for the track and road.
Growing old gracefully

Millhouse

Only thing I've read is warmers are a must with them.
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

terry950sm

February 23, 2014, 06:49:22 PM #3 Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:23:47 PM by terry950sm
Dont forget they come in different compounds.

I usually run an endurance rear and a soft front.
Growing old gracefully

Thegodfather

From people I've spoke to they rate them highly but struggled to get a whole track day out of the rear on a ltr bike.

The 211's are awesome I snap any scrubs up when I get the chance. Think I'm sorted for a few days to come

Millhouse

What compounds wear rates do you get wozzar?
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

terry950sm

Quote from: Thegodfather on February 23, 2014, 08:59:42 PM
From people I've spoke to they rate them highly but struggled to get a whole track day out of the rear on a ltr bike.

The 211's are awesome I snap any scrubs up when I get the chance. Think I'm sorted for a few days to come

Is that your tyre warmer, at the side. :grin:

I am always on the lookout for 180 rears  :cool:
Growing old gracefully

Thegodfather

Quote from: Millhouse on February 23, 2014, 10:06:00 PM
What compounds wear rates do you get wozzar?

Depends. I use what I can get hold off. Usually Med or soft front. Med rears seem more commonly available. Depends on the track as well. The pace i'm running now I only get one day out of them, two if I fit the rear backwards first. Track day tyre fitters will change it round to put on the right way so if I'm doing a double header I get it fitted back to front for the first day. I've not had problems doing this and work just as well for me.
Softs rears, the tracks tend not to get hot enough so I save these for Spanish TD's
I usually only change the front 1 to every 3 rears, only to save fitting fees really. I've have so much confidence on the front with these tyres it's amazing. I've had the back almost down to the carcase and even then they outperform most, you just get a feeling that you can't push quite the same and they still never just let go, plenty of warning signs.