Winter project(s)

Started by 1-600-matt, December 08, 2014, 10:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-600-matt

So I have moved house and my garage has survived as a purely garage space. But I have lots to get done.

The van has died and it is laying in need of some serious work. Seems like engine bottom end or gearbox... This may end in a phone call to a scrap man. Have unbolted the sump guard but it's glued on there and it didn't want to part from the engine when I tried yesterday.

The wr250 is smoking and that's never a good sign, haven't even undone a bolt on it yet.

The vfr is still in bits.

The zx6 has just had it's callipers removed for a good strip and clean. So seems like that will be the first job. Then oil and filters, then fork service is planned for the new year with some changes to the internals. I think that lot will keep me busy for a while!

big gav

removing a kitchen wall and building another. then ditching the kitchen and having a new one :)

i'll probs charge the trackbike battery.....

MOzZereLLa

I'm struggling to find the motivation to remove the ECU from the R1 to get it remapped.  It can only be a 30 min job yet I've been meaning to do it for months....

The EXC needs an oil and filter change too.  Again, a 30 min job......
Significantly faster than you.....

Dom1

Got to finish turning the kids lounge into the home schooling room. Ceiling and walls painted so far plus feature wallpapering done. Aiming for getting the flooring down by Xmas.

If I manage it then in the Xmas break I can put the kids PW50 back together and spend some muddy hours at the farm with them and my Sherco.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Lord Danoir the first

Not so much a winter project, but I've been renovating our house for the past 2 1/2 years. I'm very proud of the fact that I've done absolutely everything from plumbing, electrics, joinery and plastering without any expert help what so ever and I've done the whole house roof down.

Anyway, wifey decided to order the new furniture and invite people around for Christmas so I'm currently working flat out to get the living room and dining room ready....

The whole house should be finished by the end of winter though..... and then I can have a rest!!

Ninjagirl

Nothing like a bit of pressure to finish it eh Dan ;)

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Ninjagirl on December 09, 2014, 11:46:13 AM
Nothing like a bit of pressure to finish it eh Dan ;)

Well..... the whole house started like this:

mmmmmm chintzy

then I fucked shit up

And now I'm trying to put shit back together.....

I ache..... like ALL the time......

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

I need to get round to selling two bikes in the garage.

big gav

I LIVE  the fact you've mounted (fnar) the tv first lol

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: big gav on December 09, 2014, 12:30:30 PM

seriously dude..... that IS my living room..... that's why it's been so hard, I've pulled the place apart while living there.

PJ

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on December 09, 2014, 09:09:42 AM
I'm struggling to find the motivation to remove the ECU from the R1 to get it remapped.  It can only be a 30 min job yet I've been meaning to do it for months....

Flashtune?

If it's the same as my old one it's a bit fiddly but probably 30mins tops as you say.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: PJ on December 09, 2014, 02:14:59 PM
Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on December 09, 2014, 09:09:42 AM

Flashtune?

If it's the same as my old one it's a bit fiddly

Thats not helping Peej......
Significantly faster than you.....

big gav

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on December 09, 2014, 12:34:55 PM
Quote from: big gav on December 09, 2014, 12:30:30 PM

seriously dude..... that IS my living room..... that's why it's been so hard, I've pulled the place apart while living there.

oooff , that's quite hardcore.

ash

Been learning about the trials and pitfalls of doming resin over the last few days. Just applied a tank pad which I had printed and then domed with polyurethane resin (myself) I've now got some printable film which I can print on, and make some more up.

Bunny

I have got 2 bedrooms to paint, 2 windows being replaced,  a boiler to get replaced, insulate the loft, get a radiator fitted in my office which is in the garage and get her car MOT''d

And this is all in the 2 weeks that i'm told i have to take off over xmas so i can relax.

:cry: