headrace bearings and other things (almost done)

Started by Carbon_ZX6R, April 08, 2015, 07:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Try giving the float bowl a tap with the handle of screw driver, it may just be some grit stopping the valve from closing. If that doesn't work you're left with one option......

ash

You'll need an impact driver and a decent set of crosshead bits to remove the screws holding the float bowl on. They normally use threadlock on them.

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: ash on April 10, 2015, 06:53:51 PM
You'll need an impact driver and a decent set of crosshead bits to remove the screws holding the float bowl on. They normally use threadlock on them.

An impact driver for a float bowl? The screw are 3mm maybe 4mm, you don't need that much force to shift them.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Tiiimmmaaayyyy on April 10, 2015, 06:13:34 PM
Try giving the float bowl a tap with the handle of screw driver, it may just be some grit stopping the valve from closing. If that doesn't work you're left with one option......
ill give the float a go in the morning , ive isolated the electrical problem (not attempted to fix it yet)

its this big black cable, I may have let something hang by it briefly.... if I push it upwards towards clocks you hear a click and everything works from lock to lock no idea what the wire is but ive ether broken the wire or more likely ive half pulled a plug out
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

ash

Quote from: Tiiimmmaaayyyy on April 10, 2015, 07:05:33 PM
Quote from: ash on April 10, 2015, 06:53:51 PM

An impact driver for a float bowl? The screw are 3mm maybe 4mm, you don't need that much force to shift them.

Chew them up and you end up having to slot them. I managed that a couple of time back in the day. They are normally in there very solid.

big gav

if the float bowl screws are tight warm them a bit with a heat gun and give a light tap to loosen them

Carbon_ZX6R

I'm doing final mot prep tomorrow so ill see then I'm hoping I can free it up by giving it a few taps etc
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Carbon_ZX6R

well the new tyre should arrive today so ill attempt to give the carb a whack (worse case I have to take it off) and ill attempt to fix the electrical problem (the big wire I posted a pic) im hoping its just not quite connected properly and I haven't in fact broken something , so should be easy then all that's left is do up a couple of bolts , fit a bolt , turn chain split link the other way round...... fit new indicators, fit new grips get tyre fitted and  job done , oh and try and  locate the idle screw as that thing is idling at what sounds like 2k so need to adjust that.
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Carbon_ZX6R

its done its all done its finally mot ready im fooking exhausted the rear spindle was a pain to get out , so fingers crossed there is no reason why it shouldn't pass with flying colours tomorrow
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Carbon_ZX6R

it passed!!!!!! no advisory's ive managed to turn the idle down a bit..... , just got to get tax now by some miracle!
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Gilby104

nice work. Hope the momentum of fixing things keeps going and sort the little niggles..... will make for a much more pleasurable ownership if you do!

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Gilby104 on April 15, 2015, 02:23:25 PM
nice work. Hope the momentum of fixing things keeps going and sort the little niggles..... will make for a much more pleasurable ownership if you do!
to be fair I quite enjoyed sorting the "14 fails" just need to take the headlight off now so I can get to the clocks as ive still got the electrical fault , completely my own doing as I let the thing hang on the cable momentary and as ive just noticed it cuts the engine out so needs doing....

the moment the log books in my hand some serious modifications will be undertaken!
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Carbon_ZX6R

All taxed now so all legal just gone for a ride in getting a slight clunk from what I can only imagine is the bearings. What have I not done or have I just not tightened the nut enough?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

terry950sm

Growing old gracefully