So, I've got one of these on the way...

Started by David W, April 08, 2017, 05:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David W

The spring is too soft, so to get the sag right I've had to put about three full turns onto it, and theres not much damping there so it feels a bit harsh.  Might try a stiffer spring to see if it improves it but worried the rebound damping won't cope.

Jarse

Maybe I should tinker more.

Think I just ride stuff and put up with shortcomings.

David W

MOzZereLLa

Have you seen what Phil Seton's done to one of them?

Looks a great piece of kit and sorts it all perfectly.

Exhaust, remap and filter for a 20 bhp increase plus all factory restrictions in the throttle removed.

Full suspension setup.

QS and autoblipper. Rear sets and brake improvements.
Significantly faster than you.....

David W

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on October 12, 2018, 07:53:50 PM
Have you seen what Phil Seton's done to one of them?

Looks a great piece of kit and sorts it all perfectly.

Exhaust, remap and filter for a 20 bhp increase plus all factory restrictions in the throttle removed.

Full suspension setup.

QS and autoblipper. Rear sets and brake improvements.

Last thing these need is more power.

Rearsets and full-on K-Tech Cartridges and Shock are getting perilously close to my credit card though...

MOzZereLLa

I'm not sure the point is more power but more the way it is controlled and delivered.

David W

This is all happening.  Rearsets and Yamaha Comfort Seat on.  HEL hoses will go on when I can be bothered taking the bike half to bits to get to the ABS pump...
Dropped the forks off at K-Tech this morning to have IDS Cartridges fitted and collect the new shock with the forks later this week.
I'm broke but it's going to be a weapon!

MOzZereLLa

*Cough* remap, QS and blipper *cough*

The advantage of one even road riding to balance the bike pre-corner downshifting is huge.

David W

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on April 08, 2019, 03:45:38 PM
*Cough* remap, QS and blipper *cough*

The advantage of one even road riding to balance the bike pre-corner downshifting is huge.

Already got the QS.
Blippers are for the unskilled that don't know how to brake and match revs at the same time....  :grin:

MOzZereLLa

I'll counter that with using a blipper eliminates the rider and bar movement that's unavoidable with the requirement to pull levers and balance the clutch approaching corners making the bike more stable on braking therefore faster into the corners.

Alzo

Quick shift up and down is sublime...once you have had it you wont go back.

David W

Call me old fashioned, but there's stuff on a bike I still quite like doing myself.

Alzo

Quote from: David W on April 08, 2019, 08:37:35 PM
Call me old fashioned, but there's stuff on a bike I still quite like doing myself.
100% agree...and I too felt the same....then.... :moto:  :moto: :azn:

David W

Nah, just not on the radar.  My criticisms of the bike were poor suspension and the riding position.  Hopefully those are now fixed.
There's nothing wrong with how it goes.  Using it hard enough to make the QS worthwhile is like engaging hyperdrive anyway, and I'm not chasing laptimes.

Alzo

Oddly I would take the downshift over upshift for everyday use...it's actually not all about lap making pace...just makes things a little easier...having now had it on the 3 last keepers I've grown used to it.