Chinese fairing review

Started by Maddog, April 07, 2015, 01:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

I made the leap of faith and brought a set of chinese fairings for the Gen 1 from ebay.

Here's a quick review of them. Hopefully this will help make your minds up on if its worth a punt or not

I went for the Simon Andrews Maxxis Kawasaki ones .... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOO-Brand-NEW-ABS-Bodywork-Fairing-For-ZX-10R-04-05-2004-2005-2-Offer-Available-/400782716706?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item5d5082ef22]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOO-Brand-NEW-ABS-Bodywork-Fairing-For-ZX-10R-04-05-2004-2005-2-Offer-Available-/400782716706?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item5d5082ef22]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOO-Brand-NEW-ABS-Bodywork-Fairing-For-ZX-10R-04-05-2004-2005-2-Offer-Available-/400782716706?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item5d5082ef22

They cost £285 and i had to pay £31 customs. They took 16 days from purchase to being delivered to me

They were well packaged with foam sheets wrapping each item

The quality of the paint looks pretty good.

The green is much brighter than the ebay pics suggest which is good. I have a black tank i plan to spray the same green however i dont know how much of a match it is to oem green until i get them next to another bike

The only negatives ive found so far is 1 item was slightly damaged. Ive glued it back on and its not in an area that will be seen as the mid section goes over it

And the finish around a few of the mounting points is not great, but i dont think they will be seen when fitted

Now the sun is out i managed to almost fit them. They are not properly fitted but will go into detail in a bit.

The problem i had was, a couple of mounting points on the nearside were about 3/4 cm out so i had to re drill them.  They are still within the recessed area but right on the edge. When they are fitted you wont notice unless its pointed out

They are not properly fitted yet as im going to take them off and give the bike a proper service before using it. 

I will get a photo during the week. It was no major issue just frustrating

So far, im pretty happy with the quality. They are nice and bright and look the nuts.

The front and offside fitted a treat and the only issue ive had is with the nearside, however....drilling a couple of holes wasn't hard at all. If i had a heated garage with power in it would have been a doddle to fit.

This is it now with the tank sprayed. Again, all parts are loose fitted. The rear seat cowl  needs trimming down on the brackets that hold the under seat hardwear as it sits too high but no big job

Carbon_ZX6R

Looks quite good that , the fitment is about normal ive never seen a set that is dead on and everyone ive known that has had them ,,(including me) has had to slightly modify the holes but for that price its a bloody bargain makes the bike look like new

In the photo they look brighter than the tank is it very noticeable?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Lord Danoir the first

Excellent review, I've been considering getting a set for the 7R

Green_Ninja

Looks good mate, and a whole lot cheaper than Kawa originals

Dom1

I had heard good things about the auctmarts stuff but that is about £450 a set.

Interesting write up.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Dom1 on April 07, 2015, 02:10:10 PM
I had heard good things about the auctmarts stuff but that is about £450 a set.

Interesting write up.
Ive never seen a kit this cheap ive only ever seen the £400ish ones
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Maddog

I forgot to add i was refunded 30 gbp as i emailed them regarding the broken bit and fitment so total price was £286 delivered  :moto:

Re the thank.....the green on the tank isnt kawa green. Its as near as we could get it to match the seat infill. In the flesh its hard to see the difference however my peepers aint great lol

If i was patient enough, i would have brought oem bit by bit when they came up on the bay and got them sprayed to my taste however it would of cost a few quid more than ive payed so far

When i get another day off ill get it fully sorted and MOTd so will bring it along on a rideout/trackday for you to have a look in the flesh