Millhouse

Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

WizzBang

Millhouse

Better than chemi-metal then...

WizzBang

That's all very well, but I have no brazing rods, or blow torch

Besides....I've found a cooler on ebay.com that the seller will ship here.....£60 all in

Also contacted a uk 'bayer who is breaking an 04 RR, will see if he has an oil cooler.

Millhouse

Well I spouse that would be easier...

;)

Dom1

Can lend you a blowtorch if required.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

WizzBang

Im going to attack it with some of this ......

But hopefully I have found someone with a decent spare for sale, so either way it'll be fixed soon.

WizzBang

Sealed a deal for a new spare cooler, so haven't bothered with the above.

0luke0

Glad you got to the bottom of it.  I find it really frustrating when you know you have a problem that could ruin your track day but you can't solve it.

WizzBang

Quote from: 0luke0 on August 11, 2013, 01:57:31 PM
Glad you got to the bottom of it.  I find it really frustrating when you know you have a problem that could ruin your track day but you can't solve it.

Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.....

WizzBang

Not much work on the bike today, I had to sort my shed out as it had become a right shithole.

Shed sorted and I've gained some space for a little work bench type area, on which I stripped and inspected the 3 new calipers I've bought.  All cleaned up nicely and ready to fit onto the bike tomorrow.

0luke0

Sorry mate, hope I haven't jinxed you!

m6rk

I found the chemical metal stuff pretty good.. but.. it makes a huge difference if you prepare it first.. scuff up the surface with a wire wheel / sandpaper and degrease with brake cleaner.. leave to dry and then apply the chemical metal stuff and resist the urge to prod it.. leave for a good 12 hours and it's pretty good stuff...

WizzBang

Another fairly big day for RR (now v4.21)

Started off by removing the exhaust, draining the coolant and then emptying the oil so I could remove the oil cooler.  1 bolt out of the 4 very nearly refused to play ball, but I won that contest, although it now needs to be replaced....so, oil cooler off, and also oil filter too.

New cooler should be with me tomorrow and I've already got the filter, but can't fit it up yet as I will need a new oil seal for the cooler, so seeing as I was onto Honda for parts I got a couple of other bits I'll need soon (clutch nut and friction plate)

I couldn't stretch to the pair of Brembo M4 calipers that I was after, mainly due to needing newer larger discs and then a spacing kit if I won the auction.  I ended up being more friendly to my wallet and went with the latest model Tokico monoblocks and new pads instead.

It was a good job I was changing the brake setup as the fluid was past it's best

Outgoing...standard 05-06 calipers with EBC HH pads

Incoming...standard 10-13 calipers with SBS Dual Carbon pads

Fresh Motul RBF600 brake fluid

Got busy on the back end too

New caliper amd HRC reservoir kit

And finally....AFAM 41 tooth sprocket

The gives me gearing of -2(front) -1(rear) a change of -1(rear) from what I have been running, so a little more top end and a little longer wheelbase too.

Bullet

Are the newer monoblocks significantly better or just a slight upgrade? I remember the standard brakes on the 06 cbr I had a go on felt pretty impressive to me. Admittedly the new ones do look cooler  :cool: