test ride -

Started by komp, October 16, 2023, 12:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komp

I took at v4s multistrada out for a spin at the weekend
as thinking about reducing the fleet back down to just the 2 bikes and trading in the triumph and the ktm. so want something that will allow me some confortable travel, but also still a bit of fun

It was quite impressive, especially the electronics package, although these new bikes all sound far too quiet... you wouldn't know there was a 170bhp v4 between your legs
sports mode was bloody good fun tho.

although i dont think i will be buying one at this time, i cannot afford the S model and the standard one lacks a lot of the basic features i would expect on a bike of this type.
now going to take a look a few alternatives namely the adventure S and the 1200 tiger
any other suggestions?
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

komp

the new bmw r1300gs looks quite interesting too
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Go try a Ninja1000SX. Don't judge it on the paper figures. If I only had 1 bike it would be my SX.

komp

i did have a little look at the Japanese offerings, but none of them really get me excited
the only one that peaked my interest at all was the suzuki vstrom

i have a test ride booked on the ktm 1290 adventure Saturday, at least gives me something to compare the multistrada against

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

komp

took out a couple of other bikes this weekend
first the new bmw gs1300
this was a lovely bike, exactly the size of machine i was after, lovely build quality and a dream to ride, the least lively of the bikes i have ridden, but that was probably to be expected. just a shame it is brand new so no deals available, and would be looking at around £18.5k to get version with the kit i would like

then later that day took out the new 1290 adventure R
i think out of all of them this had the most fun engine, very capable machine and couldn't believe the kit you get for just over £15k (they have a 2k discount at the mo) but i think i now know that a full blown adventure bike is not what i am after.

so either need to look at something else, maybe a bit older, or just sit and wait until have a bit more of a budget.
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Jarse

You still planning the Tiger 1200?

Quite often see deals on them pop up and quite a lot of features on the various models.

The 900 probably doesn't interest you but I'm pleased with mine.

I've heard from a local dealer that the KTM's are prone to electronic issues.

komp

i do quite like the look of the 900GT Aragon edition
but not sure if 95bhp will give me smiles i am looking for

perhaps i should give them a call, wouldnt hurt to give em a spin

there are so many electrical gadgets now on these bikes it is little wonder
the ktm had so many options to configure it is a bit overwhelming
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Jarse

I see Triumph have just announced an updated 900 with 13% more power and other enhancements.

komp

Quote from: Jarse on October 31, 2023, 04:38:09 PMI see Triumph have just announced an updated 900 with 13% more power and other enhancements.

yes i also saw this.. they must have heard me :)
i plan to pop along to nearest triumph dealer tomorrow

i actually almost did a deal on a superduke 1290 GT, but the trade in my RS was insulting
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

komp

i never made it to the triumph dealer.

As the KTM dealer came back to me with better deals for both the SMT and the RS
so after a test ride yesterday I put a deposit down on a new superduke 1290 GT
after everything i looked at it was probably the bike that ticked the most boxes

in 2/3 weeks ill have a little early xmas present  :afro:

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Jarse

Nice one Komp. Enjoy 😎

komp

picked up the beast yesterday
very cold and dark ride home.. roll on the summer!  :moto:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Quote from: komp on November 26, 2023, 10:55:01 AMpicked up the beast yesterday
very cold and dark ride home.. roll on the summer!  :moto:

May you enjoy many happy and safe miles.

DaveH

Jarse