Took the bike to DWR in Aylesbury

Started by Farmer Giles, June 11, 2015, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Giles

Hi all,

finally got my bike over to DWR in Alyesbury to get the PCIII fitted and a custom map written..

What can I say other than what a great service I got from Dave and his team..  They are all a bunch of genuine guys and Dave clearly knows his onions when it comes to mapping.  I was there for the best part of three hours chatting and making tea...  and at some point during all this we fitted the power commander and then Dave mapped my bike on his in house Dyno.

As for the results....

well in terms of numbers we got to 115bhp at the crank, about 106 at the rear wheel which is +6 over stock. Its also got another 6 lbs/ft of torque. Neither of these figures are earth shattering increases but the bike rides so much nicer now. Everything is just better everywhere, throttle response, pick up from lower revs etc.  I would never have said the FZ8 was 'snatchy' but it fuels much better now which is the main point of the PCIII I suppose..

Anyway, if you need anything doing to your bike, servicing or tuning I'd have no hesitation recommending DWR..

http://www.davewoodracing.com/

So I'm declaring the FZ8 finished now.. 

It now looks, handles and goes like I want it..

Just need to get my new lid and gloves then I'll be finished too..   :rofl:

MOzZereLLa

Dave Wood is a top bloke.

Junior is a very quick super sport rider too. When they did my S1RR it took them twice as long normal as they had "competitions" to see who could get the most out of it.

Significantly faster than you.....