ZX6R C6F winter project

Started by vsenna, December 25, 2013, 06:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsenna

Yo! Finally back on a bike, paid 2k for this beast (seems a hell of a lot for the money), its not in bad nick. It come with a few bits as purchased, Hel lines, Mototechnik bungs, new chain+sprocks, R&G barends etc.

I bought this bike from Newport wales, took a punt on it for the price, so got the train there from London and rode it back with a fork leg p**sing oil out (wasn't told this so wasn't too happy when I noticed it).

Few things I want to do:

ohlins fork internals + aftermarket rear shock,
race can,
Steering damper,
get rid of the mismatch tyres
Renthal sprockets -1/+1

then take it on track and see what it does!

Green_Ninja

It'll be ace on track mate I hade one and did over 40 days on it, only got rid due to divorce, wish I could afford another one.

Dom1

Had one as a rental trackbike and can confirm they are ace, the slipper clutch is ace.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

greenmeeny

That's a great price. If you can find one for the right money get a kit ecu, even on the base setting you'll feel the difference.

vsenna

Yeah the slipper clutch is ace, even on the roads, it seems to work well for a stock unit.

Slight update, saw these on another forum, and thought they looked amazing, I know they won't be to everyones taste but personally i think they dont look as tacky as the generic rim tape, this is 'Rim Wrap!'

Take a look:

vsenna

Big update!

I've had alot of parts turn up and fitted already, first I had my 2010 zx6r brake calipers and discs arrive from the states, there was nothing wrong with mine and I was only after the calipers as alot of forums were raving about them, but the price for the lot was too good to give a miss!

Next I had ordered a few bits from hong kong, oil filler cap, pazzo style shorty levers, fork spindle protectors, all decent quality mind.

Akrapovic slip-on, also bought a tail light with intergrated indys, not arrived yet...

2012 Rear shock, fitted this with no problems, is literally a straight swap if anyone is thinking of doing this upgrade!

old one

LED side light bulbs, suprised at how bright these are!

All i have left to do is the sprockets which is a boring job, and then Ohlins spring kit, which i'll have to send them off for, so all in all I think its pretty much ready! thats all for now folks :)

Dom1

Looking good, should sound nice and bounce right and stop too with that lot.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP