Let's have some fun (Ninja content)

Started by Lord Danoir the first, July 22, 2021, 11:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

So I've picked up this bit of cheap lovely retro track bike goodage.

bolt ons seem pretty cheap, I'm thinking forks rebuilt and a cheap aftermarket shock (say £500 Nitro or something), decent rubber and an engine service....... oh and a new screen because that one makes me fucking angry, Chain and sprockets and it'll haul around a track at a decent fast group pace.

Then I'm thinking rearsets and a 'zorst, oh and a quickshifter if you can get them for carb'd bikes?

Nothing too radical as I don't want it to become another fucking Wanny Daugh special, more bolt on goodies.

What say you fothermuckers??

Alzo

Brakes and suspension and decent tyres are the place where it's necessary...assuming you have carried out a full condition check

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Alzo on July 22, 2021, 12:02:17 PMassuming you have carried out a full condition check

yyyyyeeeaaahhhh...... you'd assume that

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Alzo

MOzZereLLa

Firstly, you need to obtain a stupid Texan accent and change your name to Scott Russell.
Significantly faster than you.....

Jarse

Your triple garage set up has gone a bit council estate.

Maddog

I still reckon that's one of the best looking bikes ever made. Good purchase Lord D  :moto:

Lord Danoir the first

Pick up on Sunday from Kent, so a bit of a road trip in the love bus.

Cos is doing a track day at Mallory on Sunday so may call in on the way back.

Lord Danoir the first

Collected and back home. Not had much chance to look at it really but I've run it up and down the road and it feels OK.

Road bike track day on the 17th August, so I'll give it a run out then. I'm away until the 15th anyway.

So, shopping list so far:
Maxton Shock £450 (Sunni and SW doing me a decent deal)
Rearsets £200
Fork rebuild £150
Quickshifter £250
Tyres (Racetech TD) £280
Chain and sprockets £120
Screen £60
Service bits and bobs £100
Cosmetics/powdercoating £100

I reckon all that will see it running a decent pace in the fast group at any track and should do me proud at Cartagena in October.

DaveH

Looking good and already significantly improved by the removal of that screen!  :afro:  :moto:

Green_Ninja

it's even got decent paint on the wheels, I like that a lot  :azn:

Lord Danoir the first

I'm really pleased with it. Exhaust and headers are in decent order, forks have been rebuilt and so have the callipers and I've no reason not to believe him.

Few new fixings and a bit of a tart up and it'll look the part.

I'm resisting doing the usual, tear it down and wait for the parts as money always gets spent elsewhere and I end up with a bike in bits.

it runs fine, it may handle like shit, but I'll find that out in due course.

Alzo

It will be more satisfying riding that well than a more modern bit of kit.
Look forward to the reports on the first track time.