Main Menu

BHP UK

Started by 7550, March 07, 2023, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody had any experience with BHP UK , Burnley ? Or any suggestions for a ECU flash for a Z H2.

Lord Danoir the first

They're local to me. They have a rolling road for cars, which they use to develop maps, then put the maps on to any car. They don't have a bike dyno, so I don't know where they get their bike maps from.

I wouldn't map my bike unless it was done on a dyno..... that said, I've used generic powecommander maps, but they have a national reputation.

SAM West of MotoHub in Stoke is my go to guy now, he has a great setup.

Oh, and all the local chavs have BHP UK stickers on their windscreens...... make of that what you will

Manic636

I thought they did have a bike dyno, Sam Vincent (KTM SAS youtuber) had his bike done there and is incredibly happy and they got content on YouTube themselves including a ninja sx. Considered them for the ability to use the map tool myself but didn't go ahead as I wanted to see the bike on a dyno and couldn't be bothered making the trip

Lord Danoir the first

As usual, I'm talking shit, sorry.

They seem very popular here anyway. If they do custom maps then all good.

I'm taking my 10r to Sam West, the transition from off throttle to on throttle mid corner is aggressive, so he said he can sort that. It's more than just mapping for power.

mc101

Quote from: 7550 on March 07, 2023, 05:35:54 PMAnybody had any experience with BHP UK , Burnley ? Or any suggestions for a ECU flash for a Z H2.

Drop MSS a call — they are far from local but their reputation etc probably makes it worth the trip.
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

mc101

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on March 08, 2023, 07:33:02 AMAs usual, I'm talking shit, sorry.

They seem very popular here anyway. If they do custom maps then all good.

I'm taking my 10r to Sam West, the transition from off throttle to on throttle mid corner is aggressive, so he said he can sort that. It's more than just mapping for power.

That throttle transition is aweful on stock 10R and RR - can be fixed tho

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: mc101 on March 09, 2023, 02:17:54 PMThat throttle transition is aweful on stock 10R and RR - can be fixed tho

Yeah, I'm just hoping I can slide the expense by the gaffer before Spain

mc101

I found that it was best presented as a "cost" to improve the safety of the device in question ... afterall whose wife would refuse improvements on safety grounds lol

Lord Danoir the first

yyyeeeeaaahhhh...... I get what you're saying, but I think I'll go with the tried and tested, cry a bit and hold my breath until I go really red.

mc101