It's the old red / blue dilemma

Started by MOzZereLLa, May 19, 2015, 02:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOzZereLLa

Can have a red now or wait 5 weeks for a blue.

Red is fine apart from the centre of the brake disc is anodised red and it looks very chav....

Blue is the preference but I don't want to miss high season and want it run in for the end of June track day.

What to do?
Significantly faster than you.....

0luke0

I couldn't live with that red disc carrier either.  Wait, it's gotta be blue!

Andy M

f that - 5 weeks!

you wont see it when you are riding it  :moto: :cool:

Jarse

Quote from: 0luke0 on May 19, 2015, 02:44:16 PM
I couldn't live with that red disc carrier either.  Wait, it's gotta be blue!

+1 regardless of the colour of the disk carrier.

PJ

I didn't even notice until you pointed it out, personally I don't think it would bother me but I do see what you mean.....

Jonesy

If you are that bothered by such a small part of the bike, change it! get them anodised a different colour (could probably be done overnight) or buy a set of PFM's or alike!

mc101

Quote from: Jonesy on May 19, 2015, 03:05:23 PM
If you are that bothered by such a small part of the bike, change it! get them anodised a different colour (could probably be done overnight) or buy a set of PFM's or alike!

This -- the standard disks will sell in seconds to the spare wheel/superstock paddock ..

PFM have OEM fitment carriers and rotors - aside from looking trick as f*ck they work extremely well ;-)
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

MOzZereLLa

MOzZereLLa

Farmer Giles

buy red and ask the shop to change them to black as part of the deal.

They can probably get the parts next day or take the bike, run it in and ask them to change them at the first service...

assuming you ride it that far before you sell it on.....    :rofl:

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Farmer Giles on May 19, 2015, 06:15:09 PM

They can probably get the parts next day or take the bike, run it in and ask them to change them at the first service...

Is exactly my current thinking. I'll know tomorrow. I'm a bit pissed off as I haven't seen either colour in the flesh yet and will have to travel miles to see a blue one. Lovely dilemma to have.

mc101

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on May 19, 2015, 06:43:11 PM
Quote from: Farmer Giles on May 19, 2015, 06:15:09 PM

Is exactly my current thinking. I'll know tomorrow. I'm a bit pissed off as I haven't seen either colour in the flesh yet and will have to travel miles to see a blue one. Lovely dilemma to have.

Take it from me .. once you ride it the colour will be the furthest thing from your mind !

You'll be having that horsepower, slide and wheelie at the same time moment in your panties :-)
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

MOzZereLLa

I noticed you have the oem red anodised rotors on your bike at the moment.

Chav ;)

I'm hoping to get away from work to visit my dealer tomorrow afternoon. Let's see what he can do regarding a disc swap.

MOzZereLLa

Immediate delivery red sold this morning.

Blue it is.

Mid July.