It's the old red / blue dilemma

Started by MOzZereLLa, May 19, 2015, 02:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legzr1

Small world - there were three or four from the Bolton area went to Devils Bridge and we met them at Kirby Steven then the same route as you up to Hartside.

We warned them it was cold up the top and towards the east but they didn't believe us until they're steaming cuppa's were cold within seconds outside the cafe - it was around 4C and windy as hell all the way for us!

Naturally, glorious and warm 2 miles from home :(

You must have covered over 300 miles - nice ride out  :thumbsup:

Only spotted the one 2015 R1 all day (two including mine...) but you couldn't get moved for S1000's !! BMW must be having a half price sale or something!

PJ

Bolton? Nice, we went through Walken into Bolton then picked up the road to Ramsbottom to avoid sitting on the M66 :)

Have to say it was fecking cold up the Hartside Cafe, luckily I was wrapped up in textiles and not a vented 1-piece!

Carbon_ZX6R

Ive just seen a red one in the flesh thought it looked horrible the front looks like a bulldog and well is that a pillion seat ? I dont think so you couldn't get a child on that its the size of my hand, the blue one looks completely different to me
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

I don't take pillions.

Yes, the red is wrong. Rossi's is blue - enough said.
Significantly faster than you.....

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on June 09, 2015, 04:43:53 PM
I don't take pillions.

Yes, the red is wrong. Rossi's is blue - enough said.
I get that but you clearly cant take a pillion on it I sat on the back and the plastic just dug in , would have made sense to make it a solo with that styling
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

legzr1

The RSV4 is the same - I'm guessing it's of no concern to the majority of buyers.

First thing I did was unbolt the rear pegs - saves a few bob on insurance too.

MC101, If you're reading this I've tried sending you a PM but not sure if you've received it - there's no 'sent' folder in my PM folder on here :undecided:

MOzZereLLa

I'll text him Legz - assume its about the indicators?

legzr1

It is, cheers Moz.

Tried Scunny Lee but he's keeping his and the eBay seller has sold his - he's based in Colchester so hoping it's not MCs eBay shop  :grin:

mc101

Quote from: legzr1 on June 09, 2015, 05:09:21 PM
The RSV4 is the same - I'm guessing it's of no concern to the majority of buyers.

First thing I did was unbolt the rear pegs - saves a few bob on insurance too.

MC101, If you're reading this I've tried sending you a PM but not sure if you've received it - there's no 'sent' folder in my PM folder on here :undecided:

Sorry fella been out all day.  Just returned your PM ... Tom Olivers dad took mine and they have a bunch off stuff still available. You have his number .. just text him and he's expecting your call etc.
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

legzr1

MOzZereLLa

So first service and tail tidy fitting complete on Saturday. It were a bit damp so didn't get to play much but the main roads were dry. Utilised up to 9k (2/3rds of available revs) and

Oh. My. God.

What an engine. So much better than the earlier Big Bang. Spins up quicker, much stronger and starts a stupid step up in power about 8k. I can see why testers were saying its a challenge to hold on. Tempted to go one down on the front sprocket as 1st is ridiculously tall.

Awesome motorcycle. Shame I can't afford a decent decat and can!! The oem one stays I'm afraid but it does sound really good.

Alzo

Did the SC Projects not work out?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on June 14, 2015, 09:47:53 PM
Did the SC Projects not work out?

Quite like it but still struggling to justify £950+ on a decat and can.

The Austin decat is pretty nice and Seton's system is a work of art (and quiet too) but cash is short and I'm struggling to see the benefits (of which I know there are several).

Alzo

The S1000r with 160bhp standard can get me in plenty bother... :rofl: plus I think I've said...but a lot of chaps are struggling to get the decat full systems to run smoothly at the bottom end...and hole in the mid range...bollocks to that.

David W

Give it six months and I'm sure other exhaust options will be out there.  £1000 for an end can is a bit ridiculous.  My Arata full Ti system on my Fireblade was less than that and gave it 15HP!