London noob just bought a 7r - with questions!

Started by R84, June 02, 2016, 04:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_8

YESSS!!!

Good choice. I got a 7r when I was 19, and 10 years later I still have it.

You mention breaks at the start and replacing fluid. While youre there, if the bike has been sat in a dealer/ garage for a couple of months it would also be worth rebuilding them as the pistons just love to seize up on them

Tyre pressures I run are 32,34

If its got a dealer stamp at 12k, id say your probably ok with the engine.....depending on whether it lists what was actually done?

The flat spot is most likey a jetting thing. Unless it really hinders acceleration, is noticeable and pisses you off, id say just leave it, but that's cus i'm lazy

....quite a big post with not a lot of useful information for you there...WELCOME TO THE FORUM

R84

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Pics will follow when this rain clears up (and I can ride it...which brings me to)

Problems :( Posted in the mechanical forum if anybody cares to take a look and offer any advice.

The bike seems quite well maintained, I was told by the PO that it was bought by the last guy as a track bike, it had only done 50 miles in 2 years before I bought it. I want to get the tank off this weekend and check if the float bowl/kleen mods have been done. There is a receipt for dyno time and dynojet kit "to investigate and solve fuelling issue" but I don't have any further details or printouts. Likewise with forks, I know as much as you guys do at this stage. I've found some instructions alongside the tips posted here to return to stock settings, which will do me for now. The plan eventually is to change the dynojet kit for a factory pro (I hear they are better and don't kill the emulsion tubes), float bowl mod, kleen air mod, ignition advance, carbon intake tubes that remove the resonators, akra can to go with the rest of the system, and put it in for some dyno time and tuning with all that done. However, I can't go further than a mile away currently so that needs dealing with first  :icon_scratch:

R84

Quote from: the invisible dog on June 09, 2016, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: Nat on June 08, 2016, 05:19:42 PMPhotos required!!!

:sign5:

I still want one of these  :rolleyes:
and a yellow 748R and a...

As promised...

http://imgur.com/Gsd6cSn

(Apologies, can't get embed to work)

Would love a 748/916 but I'm an IL4 man...