VFR800 VTEC

Started by little J, August 24, 2021, 10:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

little J

i bought an 03 VFR800 vtec for £1600 over lockdown as a project to go touring on,19,119 miles from new

my girlfriend loves coming out on the gixer, but we can't tour on it.so I bought this as a non runner.

work done :-
new tank with fuel pump as old one had been destroyed due to age & old petrol
new stainless delkovic full system, new rear shock, rebuilt the front forks and uprated the springs to K tech.
powder coated wheels, new wheel bearings & seals, a full service and overhaul, K&N filter, new levers, powerbronze screen, heated grips, seat recovered and repadded, luggage system.

really pleased with it and how it turned out, loads of life left in it :cheesy:
done two touring trips to Scotland and it's really good for an 18 year old bike :-)

off to wales next wednesday for 4 days on it.

hoping to get away around europe on it next year for a 10 day tour

https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1QipNp3r3Tr9QNTzRkduZfGf1v_y22XmE9njtyvNKcj4E-8PMq1QMO1-alwWIUywedhQ?key=NktEX3phWW5RRll2Q1NMc2MzQUUtQ1NOclJvYlhB
2021 Ninja 1000SX

Lord Danoir the first

you've done a belting job on that!!!

Jarse

Was looking good at the borders run. Did you get to the bottom of the fuelling issue?

Enjoy Wales 😎

komp

i didn't realise quite how much work you had done on it, but that would explain why looked so tidy when saw it back in june
perfect tool for the job, got to always have a 2nd bike to stick the wifey on back  :cool:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

little J

Quote from: Jarse on August 25, 2021, 09:04:05 AMWas looking good at the borders run. Did you get to the bottom of the fuelling issue?

Enjoy Wales 😎

yes, it was me mate! :embarrassed:  :embarrassed:

i'd been messing around with the idle speed the previous week and instead of turning the adjuster knob, i'd used the screw in the middle of it, which didn't have the same effect and was fine for a while, but then setting changed to it's lowest setting when i was riding it and then wouldn't idle
once i got home, i moved the fairing out of the way and turned the knob to the right postion and adjusted the idle speed to what it should be and have had no further issues with it stalling and not idling..  :grin:
2021 Ninja 1000SX

little J

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on August 25, 2021, 08:15:26 AMyou've done a belting job on that!!!

cheers Danoir, just got back from a 650 mile trip around Wales and it's run like a dream
2021 Ninja 1000SX

little J

Quote from: komp on August 25, 2021, 09:18:30 AMi didn't realise quite how much work you had done on it, but that would explain why looked so tidy when saw it back in june
perfect tool for the job, got to always have a 2nd bike to stick the wifey on back  :cool:

cheers Komp, it's done a cracking job around Wales this time, 650 miles on it since wednesday,loved the sound of that V4 around snowdonia :cheesy:  :cheesy:
2021 Ninja 1000SX