Let's have some fun (Ninja content)

Started by Lord Danoir the first, July 22, 2021, 11:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looks well for its age.
You need a Chris Walker lid for the 1999 look.    :cool:

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Manic636

Nat

Rear Admiral Lieutenant General Keller

Lord Danoir the first

Made a start this weekend. Just a quick run through to make sure nothing is going to fall off when it gets its first run out.

Everything looks in reasonable order. Managed to set rider sag but judging by the speed of the rebound, I think the shock has seen better days.

For those of you fortunate enough to not be burdened with my incessant Facebook ramblings, my RC8 fell off its stand and landed on my Katana........ what do you think are the chances of there being absolutely not a single mark on either bike?

yep...... not a single mark

I am truly blessed, and not just with looks.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on August 23, 2021, 09:59:27 AMMade a start this weekend. Just a quick run through to make sure nothing is going to fall off when it gets its first run out.

Everything looks in reasonable order. Managed to set rider sag but judging by the speed of the rebound, I think the shock has seen better days.

For those of you fortunate enough to not be burdened with my incessant Facebook ramblings, my RC8 fell off its stand and landed on my Katana........ what do you think are the chances of there being absolutely not a single mark on either bike?

yep...... not a single mark

I am truly blessed, and not just with looks.
😢 but then 🥳🍻
Significantly faster than you.....

DaveH

David W

190/55 back tyre and 10mm of washers under the shock mount improves the steering no end.
Front forks are weird too. The preload adjuster adjusts ride height rather than preload. Forks on mine were pretty good with the right rate Ohlins springs and new oil.

Lord Danoir the first

Little update, I was trying to get out today at 3 Sisters but a couple of parts have failed to arrive. My own fault for ordering them late.

Stickers off for a start..... I hate sticker monsters

A day spent stripping and degreasing. My FB chums will be aware of my temptation to remove everything but ultimately I don't want it to become another static project, so I've done what I can given the time

By thunder I love my blast cabinet

Cleaned up as best as I can, new shock installed

Shock, chain/sprockets, rear sets and a tart up

Few more bits to blast and finish before it goes back together and hopefully I'll get a couple of track days in before Cartagena in October.

Lord Danoir the first

Pretty much ready for some track action save a quickshifter and rear brake line and setting up the sag.

Lord Danoir the first

Managed to get out for 3 sessions at Oulton last week as a shakedown before sending the bike off to Spain this weekend.

Bike ran terribly; starts and revs out fine under no load but bogs down when throttle applied out on track.

Managed to pull in a favour and get it in for a dyno set up

118 bhp at the wheel first run. Slight carb leak needs sorting before it's fine tuned further, so we're hoping for a few more once set up.

Happy with that, I reckon a few scalps will be had on track

Dom1

MOzZereLLa

Significantly faster than you.....