ABS Brake Lines

Started by David W, December 07, 2018, 08:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David W

Bought a kit for the MT in HEL's sale last weekend.
Fuck me, it looks like a ballache job!  Seven different lines, and the tanj, seat, panels and nose bodywork all needs removing.
Modern bikes are shit.

zxrob

They are fantastic in many ways, nightmare in others

My old zxr750 was 2 hours max to check the valve clearances and alter if required, good old days hey :)

Rob

I read somewhere that some modern bikes need plugged in to a laptop to bleed the brakes !!!!!!!!!

David W

Quote from: GRUMPY on December 07, 2018, 10:18:59 AM
I read somewhere that some modern bikes need plugged in to a laptop to bleed the brakes !!!!!!!!!

Some oddball systems maybe (Harley Davidson I'm looking at you), but Yamaha just bleeds like a normal setup according to the workshop manual, although I'm expecting it will take longer as there seem to be more places for bubbles to get trapped in different places.

Job for next year I reckon as I'm hoping I can save some money for suspension upgrades and do the lot in one go.

MOzZereLLa

I just about coped with fitting the Austin Racing van and tail tidy to the 790.

Quite frankly, anything more complicated than that I'm happy to pay a man to do it....
Significantly faster than you.....

David W

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on December 07, 2018, 05:35:19 PM
I just about coped with fitting the Austin Racing van and tail tidy to the 790.

Quite frankly, anything more complicated than that I'm happy to pay a man to do it....

I enjoy it.  Fitted new rearsets last week.  Or at least one side that's not facing the garage wall!
I've fitted new hoses to all my bikes over the years right from day one, but this looks a right bugger to do.  I'd dump the ABS altogether if I could.

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

I bought a set a few years ago for my S1000rr. Bleeding the ABS pump put me off doing it myself. Asked BMW if they would do it and they wouldn't touch it as it wasn't genuine BMW parts so they have been sat in the garage ever since. Not one of my better purchases.